Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16682 Discussions

How to avoid the "Estimated Delay Added for Hold Timing" grant

Yamada1
Beginner

Previously, when I asked a question about "Estimated Delay Added for Hold Timing", I was told that there are two ways to avoid it being given: "Compiler Settings" to set the whole setting and "Assignment" to specify it individually. Thank you.

I found the method from "Compiler Settings" immediately, but I couldn't find a way to specify it individually in Assignment.

It would be helpful if you could teach me how to specify it in Assignment.

I apologize for the elementary question, but thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Yamada,

From my experience, there is only one way to to do which is fitter setting as you mentioned. Regarding the assignment seem there is no information documented for that. With first option did you able to resolve the hold timing? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Yamada,

From my experience, there is only one way to to do which is fitter setting as you mentioned. Regarding the assignment seem there is no information documented for that. With first option did you able to resolve the hold timing? 

0 Kudos
Yamada1
Beginner

Thank you for answering.

I understand that "Estimated Delay Added for Hold Timing" can only be set to the whole with "Compiler Settings".

It was very helpful.

In addition, I do not try the settings yet.

The reason for the compilation was not for hold constraints, but for setup.

The fact that "Estimated Delay Added for Hold Timing" is added to the hold to satisfy the hold means pressure on the setup side.

If you cancel it as an overall setting here, there is a possibility that the hold in other parts will occur.

I'm going to consider if other approaches are possible.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

I assume the individual assignment is probably sdc constraint set input delay for setup and hold.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683432/21-4/tcl_pkg_sdc_ver_1-5_cmd_set_input_delay.html

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

May I know if there is any update on this?

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution, give Kudos and rate 5/5 survey

0 Kudos