Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16644 Discussions

How to constrain my project to deal with these red time issues?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, dears: 

I'm using LPM_DIVDER in my project. The system clock frequency is 100MHz. It seems i can get correct result from SignalTap as attached file (CubeEnergy and X_Exp are the inputs of divider, and quotient is the output of it). But there are many time issues about the divider from the compilation report. I reported top 10 path as attached file.  

How can i do to deal with this "red" infos?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I attched the data path detail.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Can you add a register stage just before the divide function. I understand if some designs do not permit the added clock cycle, but it would most likely improve your timing behavior.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Can you add a register stage just before the divide function. I understand if some designs do not permit the added clock cycle, but it would most likely improve your timing behavior. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks for you reply! 

I will try it. Currently, my divider's denominator is 16bits and numeritor is 24bits. If i change both to 9bits, the divider will work well. It seems that divider's performence will decrease along with the input bit width increase.
0 Kudos