Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16672 Discussions

How to generate JAM file from pof

mxy_bw
Beginner

Hi, I am using STAPL to program Cyclone IV E. I already have a .sof file and converted it to .pof file with "configuration device"  EPCQ16 and "AS" mode. Then in "programme" window I added this .pof file with "AS" mode, but the "Create JAM,JBC, SVF or ISC file" menu is not clickable. So how do I get a jam file from pof? Any other condition or steps? Hope for reply, thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi mxy_bw,

Creating a JAM file from a POF file is a straightforward process. Here's how you can do it:

1. Open the Programmer tool in the Quartus design system.
  2. Use the 'Add file' option to load the POF file you want to convert.
  3. Go to the 'File' menu and select 'Create JAM, JBC, SVF or ISC File...'.
  4. In the 'Create...' dialog, choose the desired file format and file name, then click 'OK'.
  5. There are no additional options for the JAM file format because it encapsulates all necessary actions.
  6. You can generate a JAM file without connecting to a programmer hardware.

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

As we do not receive any response from you to the previous notification that we provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos