Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15046 Discussions

How to open ModelSim simulator?

LChow3
Novice

I have installed Quartus Prime Pro Edition v20.1 and ModelSim.

Refer to the Tutorial ModelSim_GUI_Introduction.pdf attached below, I couldn't find where to open the ModelSim simulator.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

May I know which OS platform you are using?

You can launch Modelsim Intel FPGA Edition directly by searching it in the window start menu or from the Quartus installation directory e.g. C:\intelFPGA\19.1\modelsim_ae\win32aloem

Attach video in the link below for your reference: ModelSim*-Intel FPGA Edition Simulation with Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eviC0jP90ZA&t=202s

For Linux, you can launch the Modelsim with ./vsim at directory ~/intelFPGA/19.1/modelsim_ase/bin

p.s. Don’t forget to Reply, and Select the Best Solution. :)

LChow3
Novice

Thank you for the link, I can open the ModelSim now.

I'm using Windows 8.

In that YouTube video, it opened a folder 'mentor' in the project directory. However I don't have this directory.

RichardTanSY_Intel

Glad to know that you are able to open the Modelsim.

The folder will only be generated when you run Tools > Generate Simulator Setup Script for IP, after compiling your project.

LChow3
Novice