Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16642 Discussions

Modelsim 10.5 error on gate level sim: Fatal: SDF files require Intel FPGA Edition primitive library

CS72
Beginner

I'am trying to re-run an old gate level simulation, getting above error message. 

Design (full VHDL) is dated from 2007, compiled with MAX+PLUSII (also used to generate the VHO and SDO files). 

Simulation was run 2007 with QII 7.1 subscription version and bundled modelsim version. 

As license has expired, I try to re-run with QII17.1 and ModelSim 10.5b, getting this error when runnning gate-level simulation. The target device is a EPF10K100ARI240.

The *.SDO file states 

(DELAYFILE
(SDFVERSION "2.1")
(DESIGN "XXXXX")
(DATE "08/14/2007 11:21:43")
(VENDOR "Altera")
(PROGRAM "MAX+plus II")
(VERSION "Version 10.0 RC2 9/14/2000")

I assume the precompiled library/libraries for the EPF10K100ARI240 is/are missing. 
The modelsim directory "...\modelsim_ase\altera\vdhl includes sub-dirs for arriaII, cyclone10lp, cycloneIV, ... but no FLEX10K. For sure the 10K family was already obsolete at time the QII17.1 suite was released, thus, do I have to go back in time to try to get hold on the latest modelsim version delivered with FLEX10K data? (where from?)

Thanks a lot, Carlhermann 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Unfortunately, Flex 10k is an obsolete device, and we no longer provide technical support for it.

I will now transition this thread to community support, and hopefully, the community will have the answer to your inquiry.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you and have a great day!

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
CS72
Beginner

Hi, 
I meanwhile installed the QII7.1 WebEdition (found the old CD) and unfortunately even the packed free ModelSim 6.1g requires a license... As expected, this license cannot be retrieved via the self service license center (SSLC) for being "too old"... 

Thus, where to get a valid license?

0 Kudos