Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16680 Discussions

Platform Designer Instance Parameters script update a library component parameter

Steve-Mowbray-ENL
New Contributor I

Hi 

Attempting to make use of instance parameters to synchronise all dependencies in a subsystem -- basically component editor generated custom component parameters works great but I am finding it tricky to set desirable library component parameters eg Clock Bridge :: Explicit clock rate:

SteveMowbrayENL_0-1694771586452.png

Does not work -- generate HDL fails with:

SteveMowbrayENL_1-1694771654008.png

Regards

Steve

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I think you have to look in the Details or Documentation button to get the actual name of the parameter, not the human readable name that appears in the parameter editor like what you are using here.  The tooltip when hovering over the parameter might provide this as well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I think you have to look in the Details or Documentation button to get the actual name of the parameter, not the human readable name that appears in the parameter editor like what you are using here.  The tooltip when hovering over the parameter might provide this as well.

0 Kudos
Steve-Mowbray-ENL
New Contributor I

Thanks sstrell

Details or documentation button doesn't give any clues at least for the Clock Bridge library component but the tooltip does the trick:

SteveMowbrayENL_0-1694983568775.png

Sorted now with your help

Steve

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Feel free to open a new thread or login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos