Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16603 Discussions

Quartus 2 64bit version 15.0.2

sam11
Novice

Dear Intel Team,

in order to work on an old project, we need a download version of Quartus 2 64bit version 15.0.2.
Opening the old version under a newer one such as Quartus Prime 21.1 or under version Quartus 2 15.0.0 64bit does not work out. Could you send us please a download link for version 15.0.2 or an update file for version 15.0.0 to version 15.0.2?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi,

As the software has been provided, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 9/10 survey.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

What happens when you open the older project in the newer software that "does not work out?"  You can just recompile to use the older project in a newer version.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

We recommend that user to use the latest supported Quartus version. Please share the issue detail so we can help you on this.

0 Kudos
sam11
Novice

If I open the old project in version 21.1 I get the following:

Quartus can not find the "design entity" - meaning the project itself can not be opened.
Also some IP Components can not be updated such as the Qsys System.
The design compiled before without any errors. Now there are 18 processing errors two of which are:
Error (14923): Error upgrading Platform Designer file "qsys.qsys"
Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script "" unsuccessful
and 2 system errors:
Error (140001): Can't write LogicLock assignments. The Quartus Prime Settings File "" is unwritable.
Error (138003): Can't write incremental compilation assignments. Quartus Prime Settings"" is unwritable.

0 Kudos
sam11
Novice

In case some IPs are not found in the new version, I did the following:

(1) Look in Qsys (in new version 21.1.0) for missing IP
(2) Open old version (15.0.2) and open IP Cataloge of Qsys
(2.1) Look for missing IP -> Right Click-> Details -> Open Component Folder (or look for other IPs in C:\altera\15.0\ip\altera)
(2.2) Copy missing IP folder in the new project folder of new version (21.1.0)
(2.3) Compile Qsis
(3) Perform Automatic IP upgrade (if you do this, you might get the same error again)
(4) Recompile

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Have you try to upgrade the IP components beforehand? Or try to upgrade manual in the Platform Designer.

*Do archiving your design in the Quartus version it was created before upgrading IP components.

0 Kudos
sam11
Novice

Yes I used the "Upgrade IP Components" tool but the regeneration status is on 'failed'

What do you mean by: "*Do archiving your design in the Quartus version it was created before upgrading IP components."

(I have not the version it was once created...)

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

To achieve is to take backup for your design. In case, anything goes wrong and you might cant go back to your original design as some IP may have been upgraded.

Have you click the Upgrade in Editor, and upgrade manually in Platform Designer?

0 Kudos
sam11
Novice

I used "perform automatic upgrade" using the "Upgrade IP Components" tool

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

For the issue with the Platform Designer (PD) system, manually open the system in Platform Designer and regenerate the system.  PD will let you know it is updating IP (if it can).  If there are any system components that cannot be updated during generation, you might need to recreate them with the newer version available.

But you are also getting errors that the .qsf if unwritable.  Check write permissions in your project directory.  If you can't do writes, this will obviously cause a lot of issues.

0 Kudos
sam11
Novice

Thank you for your effort. Some IPs can not be updated or found. For example:

Altera SDRAM Tri-State Controller

ext_avalon_bus_interface

which seems no longer be available.

Concerning the write permission. This should not be an issue on the project directory.

Could you also please comment on my request concerning version 15.0.2. For this particular project I must have the possibility to use this older software version. Of course, I will try to use the newer version for other projects.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

To get older Quartus version, you need an active NDA signed with Intel. Let me know if you have it, then I will send you an email to get the details.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi

Do you have an active NDA signed with Intel?

0 Kudos
sam11
Novice

Could you please send one?

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I have send you an email. Please kindly check.

0 Kudos
Fpga_dev
Beginner

Hi Richard,

Could you organise an NDA for myself please to access the older versions of Quartus please?

It is not obvious where to initiate this process.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Since there are no feedback for this thread, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 9/10 survey.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

To answer your question on migrate project from Quartus 15.02 to Quartus Pro.

You may checkout the User Guide below

5. Migrating to Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683463/22-1/migrating-to.html

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi,

As the software has been provided, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos