Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Quartus pauses between A&S, Fitter and Assembler

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey, 

recently quartus seems to behave quite strange for my project. 

All of a sudden compiling takes much more time and i have the feeling that quartus pauses between the Analysis & Synthesis, Fitter and the Assembler steps. 

Before my project was doing analysis and synthesis in about 5 minutes - now i also get the message that A&S has finished after 5 minutes but it takes at least another 5-6 minutes until the fitting starts. 

The same thing happens after the fitting and the assembler. 

Has anyone encountered similar problems? I am using Quartus 15.1 

cheers
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Had someone else debug that it was due to something going wrong with TalkBack, so you might want to turn it off. Tools -> Options -> Internet -> Talkback. Please post if that works.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think that was the problem... seems to work just fine now! Thanks a lot. 

However I need the talkback as i want to use the signaltap features :/ 

Maybe setting up the talkback again could help..
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you try turning TalkBack on? There were some internet problems at Altera yesterday that have been resolved, and I'm curious if they are related?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I still have the same problems when i turn on the talkback: 

A&S done after 5 mins 

Starting Fitter after 11 mins
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Argh. I heard the TalkBack server crashed and is being fixed with high priority, but don't have an ETA. Thanks for checking.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

We had the same problem with the increased compile times and need for signal tap. We were able leave talkback enabled but added a rule in our hosts file that rerouted requests to talkback2.altera.com to the local host, we used 127.0.0.2. This allowed the request to timeout much more quickly and brought our compile times back down to earth.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I just heard the TalkBack issue has been fixed.

0 Kudos