Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16642 Discussions

Questa install not working

djmohab2
Novice

I have downloaded the install archive several times, un-installed, and re-installed Questa, and when I start the program, it gives me a command shell and exits out. Here is the install log. I need assistance ASAP as it is for an important deliverable.

Sincerely,

David

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
24 Replies
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Done sending the newly generated license file to your email personally. Let me know if any further update or concern.

0 Kudos
djmohab2
Novice

It is working now. I had to change the setx command to reference the exact file name, not just license.dat. This was never specified in the instructions on the Licensing Center. Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

I think both command prompt (setx) and Edit the system environment variables should work. Most probably the problem at the license.

Btw, I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Feel free to open a new thread or login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos
Arno-NL
Beginner

I had the same problem with Questa.

For the current poster it now probably works because now there has been given a "Guaranteed-to-work reality" through the effort of the Intel support engineer.

In my case, I had the same command shell popping up and out without a Questa starting up. I went through the same of obtaining a license through the licensing self-center to no avail.

Then, I thought, let's be clever and pull out an old fashioned DOS trick (no not the cyber attack; the disk operating system instead). And made a batch file that set the environment variable and would then start the Questa executable. This miraculously worked!

For reasons, I later ununstalled that version of Quartus and Questa and went back to version 20.1.1 for both, then called ModelSim.

Yet again later, I installed the latest again. Including the latest of Questa. No luck running Questa, same deal with the command shell. Then I thought, let's create the batch file again since that was a workable solution. Only to find out this trick no longer worked for me, no matter what I did. Given my prior experience and given this topic, it looks and feels like there is some sort of "progressive learning" at work.

Whenever I decide to install Questa again, I may request support to have this "guaranteed-to-work reality" through supplying system name and MAC to Intel.

0 Kudos