Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16614 Discussions

Questa option -voptargs="+acc"

Esabogal
Beginner

Recently I upgraded to the latest release of Quartus Lite and instead of ModelSim I installed Questa.

As always I used a small example to see if the simulator worked; I used University Program VWF, and on the Simulation Settings I removed the -novopt option. With Modelsim all worked ok but with Questa there is no Waveform output (functional or timing), the output stays at unknown state.

I added the  -voptargs="+acc" option and the simulation worked (I have an output).

Is this the correct way to go? I couldn't find any documention in regard to it.

2 Replies
YEan
Employee

Yes, you have to add -voptargs="+acc" to enables full visibility of your design. You may refer this article to have more understanding https://users.ece.cmu.edu/~jhoe/doku/doku.php?id=a_short_intro_to_modelsim_verilog_simulator . Its for Modelsim but the command for Modelsim and Questasim are similar.

DrNickels
New Contributor I

Is there any way to make this change permanent?  For example, in a lab where I don't want to have to have every student do this for every design?  Surely this script is stored somewhere on the hard drive....

0 Kudos