Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16642 Discussions

Running Questa simulation with runtime arguments in Quartus Lite

allenS1
Employee

Hello,

I had a previous post about using runtime arguments in the Questa simulation flow that was solved, but that post used Quartus Pro simulation flow. Now I am using Quartus Lite and I want to see if there is a way to implement this with the Quartus Lite simulation flow. The flow is the same as in Quartus Standard Edition, found here. What I've tried doing is going to Assignment s> Settings > EDA Tool Settings > Simulation > More NativeLink Settings, and in the "Additional custom simulation elaboration options" field, I would add my runtime argument like "+RUNTIME_ARG". However, when I try this, nothing in the simulation changes. I didn't see any indication that adding the custom options there changes anything, so maybe that wasn't the right approach. Is there something else I can do? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

I have never used these "additional custom simulation elaboration options" and haven't seen anyone use them before, so it's best to avoid them for now.

When using Nativelink, it automatically generates a .do file in your 'simulation' directory. You can modify it and add the arguments directly there.

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Dropping a note to ask if my last reply was helpful to you?

Do you need any further assistance from my side? 

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I believe your inquiries are answered. Now, I will transition this thread to community support. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you and have a great day!

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
allenS1
Employee

Hi Richard,

Yes this answered my question. I just added my arguments to the generated do file and ran that. Thanks so much for the help.

Best,

Allen

0 Kudos