Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16628 Discussions

Tcl command to change the output clock frequency of the PLL

VGopa7
Beginner

Hi, 

I am using a PLL in my platform designer design. I want to change one of the output clock frequency of the PLL using tcl command.

What is the tcl command to change the output clock frequency of the PLL ?

I am using Intel Quartus Pro 23.3

Note: I use the below command to change the clock frequency in Quartus Standard.

set_instance_parameter_value iopll_0 {gui_output_clock_frequency1} {125.000000}

The same command does not work in Quartus pro.

Any suggestions on this issue?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Unfortunately, instance parameters are no longer supported in Pro. Therefore, the instance parameter TCL script flow used in Quartus Standard may not be applicable in Pro.

Instead , please use "Parameterizing an Instantiated IP Core after save_system Command"

Link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683609/23-4/parameterizing-an-instantiated-ip-core.html

Quartus Standard Reference: https://www.intel.com/programmable/technical-pdfs/qps-ugs.pdf

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Dropping a note to ask if my last reply was helpful to you?

Do you need any further assistance from my side? 

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

We noticed that we haven't received a response from you regarding the latest previous question/reply/answer, and will now transitioning your inquiry to our community support. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate your understanding.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos