Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16666 Discussions

Terasic PCIe example designs unable to decrypt files

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I am trying to compile some reference designs (specifically PCIe_Fundamental and PCIe_ImageProcess) bundled with the Terasic DE5-Net. When I try to compile the projects, I first get an error that the IP for several entities is outdated. Fair enough, since the projects were first created with Quartus II v12 or v13. After this is resolved via some Quartus built-in function, I try to compile it and it says that "ALT_PCIe_TX_Interface.v" and "ALT_PCIe_RX_Interface" are not covered by my license file, which I find really strange. I think it has something to do with the outdated IP but I'm not sure. Has anyone else ever run into this issue? 

Thanks! 

-T
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Which Quartus II version are you using?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using v15 and I have installed the latest update.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Starting in Quartus II 14.0, generally the transceiver instances should have switch to "PHY" instead of "ALT". Just wonder if you have tried to upgrade all the instances? You can try to archive the older design and then re-open the QAR in Quartus 15.0. It should help to perform auto-upgrade on all the older version IPs. If issue still persist, you might want to try re-instantiate that particular IP in Quartus 15.0.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

Has this issue been resolved ? I am also trying to compile the reference design (Fundamental,ImageProcess) but Quartus 15 is not unable to compile since the PCIE blocks used, belong to an incompatible IP version (11.1). Quartus is not able to automatically upgrade the PCIE IP to version 15 due to compatibility issues. 

Regards 

Sabareesh
0 Kudos