Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16559 Discussions

The Eclipse IDE (debugger) for Quartus 20.3 is unstable

josunil
Novice

Usually my debugger doesn’t start complaining about missing Altera libraries and Makefiles. I am no Eclipse expert so probably there is something wrong with my workspace settings.

When the Errors in workspace dialog box opens up with the warning "Errors exist in a required project. Continue Launch?", I click on Yes and sometimes the debugger starts…. Sometimes the debugger “hangs”.

For version 18.1 I didn’t have to do anything extra but to be able to find the Altera libs I had to manually add the paths.

Without these paths I got a lot of problems on e.g. my Altera defined variable types.

Intel comes with a tutorial on how to get starting with Eclipse for the versions after 19.1 but that requires installing WSL which doesn’t immediately make sense to me since we have a Linux environment where all the making of the software is done.

Can I have some advice on how to get the debugger up and running stably.

P.S. There are some screenshots, but I won't attach them since this is a public post.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Greetings and welcome to Intel's Forum.

You may refer to this link to try if this a workaround for you to eliminate the hang issue with the Eclipse debugger tool.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/articles/000078370.html

Hope to hear on your findings. Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Any updates from your side whether the hang issue has been resolved?

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Any updates from your side?

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
josunil
Novice

Hi I have responded at the support incident -

Request 05722715

0 Kudos
josunil
Novice
0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Your support ticket number is this forum/community thread. I am unable to view your comments. You may discuss your issue here.

Hope to hear on your findings.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
josunil
Novice

Hi Kelly,

This is a publicly visible post, is it possible to have a post which is not public?

Kind Regards,

Joel

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi Joel,

I have sent you an email where we can discuss through email separately.

Let me know whether you have received it. Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
josunil
Novice

Hi Kelly,

Yes I have recieved it and sent you an email.

Thank you very much for the quick response.

Kind Regards,

Joel

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

I have sent you an email on the workaround. Looking forward to your updates.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Any updates from your side?

Did you managed to have a look at the URL that I provided for reference to find a workaround?

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Any updates from your side on whether the URL provided in the email sent is useful and has solved your issue?

Looking forward to hearing on your findings,

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi Joel,

Any updates from your side on whether the community URL has helped you solved your issue?

Hope to hear from you soon. I will be setting this thread to close pending if I do not hear from you in the next few days.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly Jialin, GOH

0 Kudos