Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16616 Discussions

VWF Simulations in Quartus Prime Lite 23.1

taiga716
Beginner

Halo, I have a question.
I am running a VWF simulation using Quartus prime, but I am getting an error.
I have tried registering the license, setting the path, etc., but it does not go away.

erraor message,
Error: Invalid license environment. Application closing.
Unable to checkout a license. Make sure your license file environment variable (SALT_LICENSE_SERVER, MGLS_LICENSE_FILE, LM_LICENSE_FILE)
is set correctly and then run 'lmutil lmdiag' to diagnose the problem.
Unable to checkout a license. Vsim is closing.

Please let me know the cause.

Greetings from Japan,
taiga

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

The error indicate that the license is not found. If you are using Questa intel FPGA starter edition as your EDA tool, in Assignment > Setting > EDA Tool Setting, check that your license file has "intelqsimstarter". intelqsim for non-starter edition.

Could you try to open the simulator tool standalone? If no, something might have goes wrong with the license file or license setup.

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
taiga716
Beginner

I checked and could not find a license file named "intelqsimstarter".

I am using Questa intel FPGA starter edition,
Is there any other way to deal with this?

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel
0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Do you able to resolve the issue? 

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

We noticed that we haven't received a response from you regarding the latest previous question/reply/answer, and will now transitioning your inquiry to our community support. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate your understanding.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos