Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
451 Discussions

IPv6 Ethernet Connection Not Found using udhcpc command

road_runner
Novice

Hello,

I'm not sure exactly what the issue is (albeit I am new to HPS). I am using a DE10 Standard with the Linux OS in HPS mode. I have the JTAG cable and the USB cable connected to my computer. I'm using PuTTY to open a terminal at 115200 baud and everything seems to run fine. Except when I go to run the udhcpc, it cannot find the ethernet IPv6 address and keeps printing "Sending discover..." for around 10-15 minutes before I turned it off. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Attached below is the terminal feedback I'm getting at the beginning of the run. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jeet14
Employee

Hi,

Please send the screenshot of "ifconfig" command.

Did you set the IP address or is it connected in DHCP mode?

Regards

Tiwari

0 Kudos
road_runner
Novice

Hi Jeet14,

Attached is the ifconfig for the board I am using. I do have another problem that I didn't realize. When I switch it back into normal operating mode for the MSEL, despite no issues showing in Eclipse, I receive an error stating that it cannot launch the ELF file. Everything looks fine with the target connection, no errors will show under Run Configurations, and then I get that message. Not sure if they are connected, but as they're both (if I understand correctly) intended to be used with the wired serial connection (even though the udhcpc is also used for wireless connectivity) I thought it was worth bringing up. If not, it is a separate issue that I need to start a new post over as I do need to be able to use the udhcpc command to find the IPv6 address. Many thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Jeet14
Employee

Hi

Let me know if you have any other question on this raised topic.

Regards

Tiwari

0 Kudos