Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
458 Discussions

Unable to access FPGA_bridge_lwsoc2fpga_2M Address Map from Uboot

binupr
New Contributor II

Hello there,

We are having issues accessing the FPGA LW address map from Uboot. This is for Intel Agilex SoC. Qsys has the LW bridge enabled. We are also enabling this bridge via CONFIG command in Uboot. Is there a specific setting in device tree or .dtsi file for enabling the light weight bus?

The issue is that when we tried to read or write from any address aligned space on 0XF9000000, Uboot hangs.

Any advice on this is much appreciated.

Thanks

Binu

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi Binu

So sorry for the late response.

You could use the md command, no need the axi md.

For the example you could take a look at this dtsi.

https://github.com/altera-opensource/u-boot-socfpga/blob/a08598d99fe40f5214922d30da9af9ef7a43f2fd/arch/arm/dts/socfpga_soc64_u-boot.dtsi#L4

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

In the uboot environment have you successfully loaded the FPGA configuration?

If yes, you could use the command "bridge enable" to enable the bridges before accessing over the bridge.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
binupr
New Contributor II
Hi,

Yes the FPGA configuration was successful. And yes we have enabled bridge using bridge enable command.

There has been some progress but that is only after adding lightweight bridge information in uboot device tree. But even with that we are not able to get correct information via ‘axi’ cmd for address space 0xf9000000
0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

Yeah, the bridges will needed to be added into the device tree as well.

You could refer to our GSRD for the device tree example in the link below:

https://github.com/altera-opensource/u-boot-socfpga/tree/socfpga_v2023.04/arch/arm/dts

What is the axi command that you are referring too?

In uboot you could use the md tool to read through the bridge.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
binupr
New Contributor II

Hi,

Can you point from the above link which dtsi are you referring as there are bunch there for different processor target?

The axi command we are using is "axi md 32 0xf9000000"

Thanks

BPR

0 Kudos
binupr
New Contributor II

Hi Jingyang, Teh,

Any feedback on my above question?

Thanks

Binu

0 Kudos
binupr
New Contributor II

Hi Jingyang, Teh,

Following up on the above question.

Should we be using 'axi md' or 'md' command in uboot to access AXI light weight bridge?

Thanks

Binu

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi Binu

So sorry for the late response.

You could use the md command, no need the axi md.

For the example you could take a look at this dtsi.

https://github.com/altera-opensource/u-boot-socfpga/blob/a08598d99fe40f5214922d30da9af9ef7a43f2fd/arch/arm/dts/socfpga_soc64_u-boot.dtsi#L4

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

Any update on this case?

Is the md command working on your end?

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
binupr
New Contributor II

Hi Jingyang,

Yes md command is working for us.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Regards

Binu

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

Since this thread been resolve, I shall set this thread to close pending. If you still need further assistance, you are welcome reopen this thread within 20days or open a new thread, some one will be right with you. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

If you happened to close this thread you might receive a survey. If you think you would rank your support experience less than 4 out of 10, please allow me to correct it before closing or if the problem can’t be corrected, please let me know the cause so that I may improve your future service experience.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos