Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.
1459 Discussions

Can Process B Connect to an SGX Enclave and Call a Function While Process A's Connection is Active?

Mondrian-He
Beginner

Hello,

I'm currently exploring Intel SGX and its capabilities regarding process communication and enclave function calls. Here's a scenario I'm curious about:

1. Two processes, A and B, are running on the same system.
  2. Process A establishes a connection with an SGX enclave and successfully calls a helloworld function within the enclave, which prints "Hello World".
  3. Without process A disconnecting or terminating its connection to the enclave, process B attempts to establish its own connection to the same SGX enclave and tries to call the same helloworld function.

My questions are as follows:

• Is it possible for process B to successfully connect to the enclave and invoke the helloworld function while process A's connection is still active? If so, what is the expected behavior in such a scenario?
  • To experiment with and validate this behavior, I plan to simulate processes A and B using two separate terminals. Could you suggest which SGX SampleCode example might be best suited for this purpose? I'm looking for guidance on setting up a simple experiment to understand how multiple processes interact with a single SGX enclave.
Labels (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies