Intel® Unison™ App
Support for the Intel® Unison™ App, a Multi-Device Experience software product that allows users to connect their devices and collaborate between them.
82 Discussions

Calls not working - Unison

Steveh441352
Beginner

I to am having the same problem getting Unison to work. I've paired phone and Windows 11 Pro machine at least 12 times. I get several responses - Bluetooth not available, repair, or "Unable to manage your phone's calls". The phone is an iPhone 13 Pro Max, IOS 17.1.4.

Here's what works and what doesn't - Works > Gallery, File transfer both directions, Notifications, Messages, intermittently. What doesn't work - Calls > as stated above am getting "Unable to manage your phone's calls", or Bluetooth needs to be turned off/on.

But as you can see, Bluetooth is work, as half of the app is operational, plus I can stream music from it to PC. I've included system spec report (see attached). Anti-virus has been shut off, no change, and here's one other observation, couldn't get Microsoft Phone Link to work either.

Any real help greatly appreciated

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Steveh441352,

Thank you for posting in Intel community Forum.

Before we proceed, let me gather some details.

1. Is it working fine before?
  2. Have you tried other devices of those are working fine?
  3. What are the troubleshooting steps that you tried before.

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Steveh441352
Beginner

In a nutshell, no, none of the suggestions have resolved the issue. The one item that is completely no-op, is phone control, dialing and receiving calls, to the point that the software had scrambled my iPhone to the point of requiring me to pull the sim card, wait 10 or 15  seconds, then reinsert the card, forcing the iPhone to reset. Other function of the software can be made operational, after much reinstalling software, re-pairing Bluetooth on both sides of PC and iPhone. As stated before, PC is running latest version of Windows 11 Pro, on a state-of-the- art new Corsair Vengeance, the iPhone 13 Pro Max running IOS 17.4.1. As a further note, after setting up phone and PC, everything looks like I might win the battle, the phonebook appears in the call section, the media player works, notifications seem to work, Gallery works, and file transfers seem to work as well, however the minute to phone is dialed from the PC side, I get either "can't manage this phone" or Bluetooth not available, re-pair devices" or something to that effect. After that the phone no longer can send or receive calls on its own, and that even after re-booting PC & iPhone.

One observation I've noticed lately, is solutions to problems are often years old, judging by the posting dates. Many of the forums make solving the problem an easy task, until you realize the OS or software version can be years old. Microsoft one of the biggest violators of this, where you search for a problem dealing with Windows 11, and what you get is solution to a problem of an early version of Windows 10.

I am fully aware, that Intel is the only provider of this type of software designed for Apple iPhone, but I wonder just how up to date is with each software revision, so it's possible that this current version of IOS is no longer compatible with Unison.

For the time being, I have thrown in the towel so to speak, and hope Intel can resolve this problem as it is a software package that deserves greater attention. It's a great and useful app for people that work at home, and in front of their PC's all day.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Steveh441352,

I am sorry if you feel that way and you are now throwing the towel on this issue.

For now, you may just wait for the next update for this software.

Since you don't want further assistance or recommendations, I need to close this inquiry.

If you need further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos