Intel® Unison™ App
Support for the Intel® Unison™ App, a Multi-Device Experience software product that allows users to connect their devices and collaborate between them.
78 Discussions

Intel Unison not connecting on oneplus phones

Farokhdubash
Beginner

The Intel Unison app does not connect while using one plus phones running Android 13.

I remember having the same connectivity issues when this product was Dell Mobile connect provided by Screenovate that was taken over by Intel. They had issued an update that made it work on one plus phones.

After scanning the QR code on the PC, the phone displays an 8 digit code that is also displayed on the PC & after clicking on ok, the phone says "Failed to Connect" & goes back to the QR code scanner screen while the PC remains on the connection in progress screen.

I have a Samsung tablet running Android 13 & it connected without any issues.

Request you to please have a look into the same & rectify the issue.

Exact model of one plus phone is One Plus 9R & One Plus 5. Samsung model is S6 Lite tablet.

The PC & Android app both are up to date on the latest version.

PC version 10.10.3783.0

Android version 10.10.2930

Logs attached using Intel SSU application.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Farokhdubash  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am sorry to hear what is happening with your Intel® Unison™ app, I will gladly assist you here. 

Could you please provide us with screenshots or a video showing your issue so we can investigate? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Farokhdubash
Beginner

Hi Jocelyn,

Have attached the video. once I click on confirm on the verify device tab in the PC, the phone says

Failed to process code, please try again later.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Farokhdubash.

Thank you for the information provided.

I will do some research about this. As soon as I have any updates, I will post them here.

Best Regards,

Jocelyn M.

Intel Technical Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Farokhdubash  

Thank you for your time. 

Please provide us with a screenshot showing the Android 13 OS version from One Plus 5, One Plus 9R, and Samsung S6 Lite tablet for further investigation. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Farokhdubash
Beginner

Hi Jocelyn,

Please find the attached screenshots of the 3 devices.

One Plus 5 - Android 10

One Plus 9R - Android 13

Galaxy tab S6 Lite - Android 13.

Note:- As I have mentioned before, the previous iteration of this product (formerly screenovate Dell Mobile Connect) also did not work with one plus phones (Irrespective of android version) until I had escalated it to the developer & they released a new version on the google play store. Could be a similar issue.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Farokhdubash

Thank you for the information provided. 

I will do some research on this. As soon as I have updates, I will post them here. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Farokhdubash

Thank you for your time. 

For now, the current version only support 1 laptop to 1 smartphone.  

We will consider improving in the future revision. Thank you for reporting this and your interest in using the Intel® Unison™ app, your feedback is valuable for us. 

Please, let me know if you have other inquiries that I can help you with. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Farokhdubash
Beginner

Hi Jocelyn,

I am not asking the app for multiple device support.

My issue is that this app does not work with my primary phone one plus 9r.

I tried it with the one plus 5 to isolate any issues with the one plus 9r, however it doesn't seem to work on both the one plus phones.

It only works on my Samsung tablet.

I created this post to ask for your help to fix the one plus phone connection issue. (Not asking for multi device support)

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Farokhdubash

We understand that you are not asking for multiple device support, however, your PC doesn't meet the minimum requirements, it's a PC desktop, and the Intel® Unison™ app it's included by the System Manufacturer in mobile devices such as laptops, as you see in this article: What Are the System Requirements for the Intel® Unison™ App? 

The Intel® Unison™ app consists of software applications on a laptop, and also on a phone. Intel® Unison™ app supports one Intel®Evo™ laptop with a smartphone (either iOS or Android) connected at the same time. Both devices must be connected to the Internet and have Bluetooth* enabled. The application shall be pre-installed by the laptop's Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). 

For these reasons, it works with your tablet but not with your PC desktop. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Farokhdubash
Beginner

Hi Jocelyn,

OK let me re-iterate the below for better clarity :).

I have a desktop as well as an EVO branded laptop where I have installed this application (I do not have a Windows based tablet).

On my Laptop as well I am unable to pair any One Plus phone.

I am just able to pair the Samsung Android tablet with the app running on my PC & Laptop. I am also able to pair my mothers Samsung M30s phone running android 11 to the Unison app.

The issue is that none of the One plus Phones are able to pair with the Unison application on my desktop or the Evo laptop.

Previously when this application was launched by Dell Mobile connect - from Screennovate also I had faced an issue with one plus phone not pairing, which they resolved after an android app update.

Hope the above clarifies my problem?

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Farokhdubash

In that case, please provide us with an Intel SSU report to investigate the laptop issue. 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Farokhdubash  

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Farokhdubash
Beginner

Hi Jocelyn,

Please find the attached log files generated using the Intel SSU utility.

I started the SSU utility, then I opened Unison app on the laptop & tried to pair it with my One Plus 9R Phone waited for the error to come on the phone & the laptop app to come back to the pairing screen, then used the SSU utility to scan (with all check boxes selected) & then saved the file to the PC.

I hope that the above procedure is correct.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Farokhdubash

Please take in mind that your laptop neither complies with the minimum requirements for the Intel® Unison™ app, as it is required to have a 13th generation processor or above (and some selected 12th generation processors) and your laptop's processor is an Intel® core™ i5-7300U. 

Refer to this article for more information about the minimum requirements: What Are the System Requirements for the Intel® Unison™ App?  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Farokhdubash
Beginner

Hi Jocelyn,

Have also attached the logs from a 12 gen i7 processor machine with the same issue.

**Update, my one plus 5 running on android 10 is able to connect to Unison, however my one plus 9R still has the same issue.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Farokhdubash

However, as previously mentioned, your PC doesn't meet the minimum requirements, it's a PC desktop, and the Intel® Unison™ app it's included by the System Manufacturer in mobile devices such as laptops, as you see in this article: What Are the System Requirements for the Intel® Unison™ App?  

The Intel® Unison™ app consists of software applications on a laptop, and also on a phone. Intel® Unison™ app supports one Intel®Evo™ laptop with a smartphone (either iOS or Android) connected at the same time. The application shall be pre-installed by the laptop's Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Farokhdubash     

We have not heard back from you regarding other inquiries or issues, so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos