Intel® Unison™ App
Support for the Intel® Unison™ App, a Multi-Device Experience software product that allows users to connect their devices and collaborate between them.
76 Discussions

Unison Message Threading No Longer Available ?

Brendan_Brinn
Novice

Let me begin by saying that I love what the Intel Unison product enables me to do !!  For years I've wanted to be able to connect my iPhone to my PC so that I could send / receive messages.  I've been using Unison for several weeks with the Messages layout as shown in the User Guide https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/Intel_Unison_UserGuide.pdf.  

However, today I no longer have access to that layout and instead receive a popup from the bottom of the screen.  From there I can select a contact or enter in a phone number and send a message.  But then any past messages and my replies are removed from view.  When I receive a message, I have to go to the Notifications area to look at it; once I have that too is removed from view.

This is a big step back for me in terms of usability.  I don't understand why I would need to go to two places to review a phone conversation, and the lack of visibility for my conversation threads means that I have to rely on the phone rather than using the Unison app.  Is this behavior controlled by a setting which I can change, or is this supposed to be new functionality going forward ?

Labels (2)
42 Replies
ITGuy8301
Beginner

I ran into the exact same issue and still have not gotten it back to how it was.  Makes it the app pointless to me now if I can't look at what I already sent and have to refer to my phone to see the conversation.

0 Kudos
MrWizard90
Beginner

You won't want Unison if you have Windows 11. Microsoft's (Windows) "Phone Link" showed up on my laptop (Win11 Home) and it works great with my iPhone 11 iOS. Threads show up!!! 

Microsoft gives excellent and simple directions to install the iOS app (QR Code-based) with specific iOS Bluetooth settings "on" instructions for my Win11 machine's connection, some of which I never saw before: 

- Sync Contacts (never saw before)

- Groups

- Phone Favorites (never saw)

- Phone Recents (never saw)

-  All Contacts (never saw)

- Share System Notifications

These settings might make a difference with Unison's "no thread" issue, but I've uninstalled it and moved on to Phone Link.

0 Kudos
BaughnDW
Beginner

Mr. Wizzard I looked at the Phonelink app and all I get is iOS coming soon.  Did I miss something Windows 11 pro 22H2 fully updated.

TIA

0 Kudos
Frog
Beginner

Fingers crossed there is some visibility on this post and they see people want that access. 

Rows
Beginner

I am currently dealing with the exact same issue. Took a good app and rendered it completely useless if I can't see message threads. I hope they restore the messaging...

Joeybear
Novice

I'm getting the same thing. This was such an incredible tool for me, and now there's really no point for it anymore. I really hope this is resolved soon because I don't want to lose what this app provided on a daily basis.

dparisi
Beginner

I JUST got this app about a month ago and was thrilled that I could see, and send messages. Some future refining I would like to see such as adding picture messaging...

They completely destroyed this app when they removed the ability to view messages. If this doesn't return I will likely remove it.

Hopefully this thread is viewed.

Variable
Novice

I thought I broke something, and spent a good bit of time this morning re-pairing, repairing, reinstalling, etc, trying to get messages to work again.  But after seeing the Windows Store recent reviews, and then this thread, it seems like this was due to a software update.... Please Intel, tell us it was an accidental regression?  The message history, interaction functionality was the only really novel functionality of this app; everything else it does you can do other ways.  but the interaction capability with messages is what makes everyone want to have this!

BeauCroteau
Novice

LOL.  Like someone else mentioned...I thought I broke something...how do I get this back????  I hope someone sees this and figures out a workaround or puts the functionality back.

BeauCroteau
Novice

Come on @intel !

IH3000
Beginner

Glad to know I'm not the only one!  Crazy to have this broken for as many days as it has been.  And @intel if you are going to add features, how about allowing for messages with multiple participants to show up as such, instead of displaying each participants responses separately?

Boydjj
Beginner

Having same Problem. I just upgraded from Windows-10 to 11 Yesterday, specifically for this one Option:  To send & receive Text messages from my new iPhone on my PC.  Had I known Intel would stop supporting it, I would not have upgraded to W-11 yet & I would NOT have DL the Intel APP.  (I have used messages.google.com (Messages for Web) for years with my Android.  That is what I miss the most after switching to iPhone. )

Carr
Beginner

I created an account here to post this message and support this message thread.

I can agree that the message threads have dissapeared. This makes the app worthless. If this does not come back I will have to uninstall. My experience had been great up until this point.

@intel 

Chungus
Beginner

I too stand effected and disappointed. If the message threading does not return, I too will uninstall the app.

Chungus
Beginner

I too stand effected and disappointed. If the message threading does not return, I too will uninstall the app.

drewskidrewsgv
Beginner

So i found out that Intel decided to "update" the program to not allow for that type of layout anymore. Whoever decided this was a good idea is a complete moron. This app is completely useless without this feature. Uninstalled.

sappersix
Novice

Adding that I too think this is a step backwards.

I started using Dell Mobile Connect (the precursor of Intel Unison) years ago and it always kept full message threading.

HP has a similar tool, HP Quick Drop, which does the same thing.

MrWizard90
Beginner

Microsoft supposedly adding functionality in "next" Windows 11 "Phone Link" update for iOS. Supposedly already exists for Android. May make Unison a moot approach. As far as I'm concerned, I agree it's DOA without thread capability.

0 Kudos
BeauCroteau
Novice

Given their outline here, I am a bit worried they are white labeling the intel stuff: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_apps-insider_other/phone-link-app-ios-support/a399da5c-4d25-408d-b874-6c8d492146a1?tm=1677592991189

I have been reticent to enroll in the insiders program, but might give it a try on an old laptop to see what it looks like.  I haven't been able to find too many 'in the wild' screenshots of the windows 11 phone link / ios combo yet.

0 Kudos
Variable
Novice

I'm afraid @BeauCroteau is correct, because additionally, I can't seem to search for Unison in the Microsoft/Windows Store.  neither 'unison' nor even 'intel' bring it up anymore.   Very sad panda.

0 Kudos