Intel® Unison™ App
Support for the Intel® Unison™ App, a Multi-Device Experience software product that allows users to connect their devices and collaborate between them.
82 Discussions

iPhone call audio not routing to PC

johnbyebye
Novice

Hello,

I recently installed the Intel Unison and paired my iphone. I can send and receive messages as well as make calls, but the call audio does not route to the PC. It attempts to, then switches back to the phone. I've verified it has all of the necessary permissions on the iphone.

Intel Unison App Version: u:20.17.5323.0/c:20.17.6760.0
iOS Version: 17.2.1.
Windows Version: 23H2.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,

Scott

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
21 Replies
Catulpos_Intel

Hello johnbyebye,

Thank you for posting in Intel Community.

I understand that you are having issues with the Intel unison app, and for us to effectively assist you, please provide the following information.

Looking forward to your reply. Have a lovely day ahead!

Best regards,

Catulpos_Intel

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
johnbyebye
Novice

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I installed Intel Unison from the Windows  Store. This is my first time using it, so the call audio hasn't worked at all. There are no error messages, unfortunately. Below is my SSU.

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro(10.0.22631 Build 22631)
Physical Memory (Installed): 32 GB
Processor: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1270P
System Type: x64-based PC
Total Installed Updates: 19 Updates - See Detailed View for more information
Display Adapter(s): Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics 31.0.101.4887
System Manufacturer: LENOVO
System Model: 21CBCTO1WW
Network Adapter(s): Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz 22.240.0.6
Disk(s): WD_BLACK SN750 SE 1TB 732.63 GB (available) 10.0.22621.2506

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel

Hello johnbyebye,

Thank you for your response. Since you mentioned that the application is freshly installed on your laptop and per checking, the system that you have is compatible with the app, kindly be advised to follow these steps:

PC Clean-up

1. Remove Bluetooth pairing from your PC and phone by performing the following: a. Go to Start -> Settings -> Devices -> Bluetooth & other devices in Bluetooth & other devices settings; for each appearance of your phone’s name: Click on the phone name, then click Remove device.

iPhone* Clean-up

1. Uninstall Intel® Unison™ app from your device. 2. Go to your phone’s Settings -> Bluetooth and click the next to your PC’s name. Then, click Forget this Device and Approve. 

Afterwards, follow the onboarding flow of the application as indicated on the application's user manual. For your convenience, you can see it on this link, https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/Intel_Unison_UserGuide.pdf

We hope this helps. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Catulpos_Intel

0 Kudos
johnbyebye
Novice

Hello,

I followed the steps outlined, but the issue persists.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello johnbyebye,

I'm sorry to hear that the issue still persists. For now we will be coordinating this with our team for further checking. I will give you an update once I receive it on or before January 26, 2024.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
johnbyebye
Novice
0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel

Hello johnbyebye,

I appreciate the patience you’ve shown on this.

We thoroughly investigated your concern and please be advised to follow the instructions indicated on this article, How to Setup Call Feature on the Intel® Unison™ App. Should you want to use your PC in answering or making calls, please select “Full Call Support” feature as indicated on the said article.

We hope his helps and please let us know if you were able to utilize the microphone and speakers of your PC. Otherwise, please use a headset with a USB cable, USB dongle or an analog jack.

Thanks, and have a wonderful day!

Best regards,

Catulpos_Intel

0 Kudos
johnbyebye
Novice

Hello,

Sorry, I missed the response.

Those steps are what I have been doing since installation. Unfortunately it doesn't fix the issue, even after uninstalling/reinstalling. I can initiate the call from Unison, but it won't send the audio to the laptop, only the phone.

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel

Hello johnbyebye,

I am sorry to hear that the issue you experienced persisted, and I just want to clarify if you were able to use any headset on your laptop just to check if the audio will be routed to the PC.

Anticipating your response.

Best regards,

Catulpos_Intel

0 Kudos
johnbyebye
Novice

Hello,

I tried a headset, but no change.

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel

Hello johnbyebye,

I am sorry to hear that the issue persisted. Please allow us to check this internally with our engineers for further investigation. You can be assured that we will inform you immediately once we have a possible fix to the issue you experienced.

Thank you for understanding and have a nice day!

Best regards,

JCatulpos

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel

Hello johnbyebye,

Thank you for the patience you’ve shown as we coordinate your concern with our engineers.

The issue has been thoroughly investigated and with that, we would like to clarify if you have any Bluetooth devices like a headset, earplug or a speaker? If yes, please be advised to follow these instructions:

• Update your AX211 Bluetooth driver version to version v23.10.0.2
  • Remove all Bluetooth devices connected on both PC and iPhone and pair only the iPhone on your PC.
  • Test the audio performance and see if it improves.

We hope this helps and looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

JCatulpos

0 Kudos
johnbyebye
Novice

Hello,

I did have other Bluetooth devices. I removed them all, updated the Bluetooth driver then paired the phone again. It did not resolve the issue.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel

Hello johnbyebye,

I appreciate your swift response and for actively engaging with us as we go through this concern hand in hand. Seeing that the issue you experienced persisted after following the steps we recommended, please allow us to investigate this internally with our engineers to seek for further advise. You can be assured that we will inform you immediately once we find a possible fix to your concern.

Thank you for understanding and have a nice day!

Best regards,

JCatulpos

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel

Hello johnbyebye,

Thank you for your patience.

Our team would like to check if you have installed the latest version of the app on both PC and on your phone? If not, kindly update them to the latest version.

Also, we would like to ask for the Bluetooth devices connected on both the PC and your phone. Please provide the following information:

• Screenshot of the Bluetooth devices connected on PC and phone.
  • Make and model of the Bluetooth devices.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

JCatulpos

0 Kudos
johnbyebye
Novice

Hello,

Attached is the information requested. Intel Unison is updated on both the iPhone and Windows. 20.18.

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel

Hi johnbyebye,

I appreciate you providing the screenshot of the Bluetooth devices connected on both PC and phone; however, we would also like to request for the make and model of those Bluetooth devices connected on each unit. This is for us to conduct additional investigation on your concern. Also, I would also like to request for the app version installed on your PC and phone for us to further check further.

Your active coordination with us is indeed commendable and looking forward to working with you as we resolve this issue hand in hand. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

JCatulpos

0 Kudos
johnbyebye
Novice

Hello,

The app version is 20.18 on both devices.

Bluetooth Devices:

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 10
iPhone 14 Pro
Ember Mug
Ember Travel Mug
Sony WH-10000XM4
Apple Airpods Pro 2
DJI Osmo Mobile 6
Apple Watch Ultra 2

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel

Hello johnbyebye,

I appreciate your swift response. Bearing the information you provided, kindly be aware that we will now coordinate this internally with our engineers to investigate this issue further. Kindly be assured that we will post here once we have the possible resolution to your query.

Thanks, and have a nice day!

Best regards,

JCatulpos

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello johnbyebye,

As mentioned in our private conversation, I will coordinate this back with our team since the routing issue is still occuring to check for other alternative steps. Rest assured that I will keep this thread posted for updates. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos