Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler
Talk to fellow users of Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler and companion tools like Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and Intel® Distribution for GDB*

Converting from MSVC to DPC++ 2023.1

Daniel_D
Beginner

Hi,

I try to convert my existing application to DPC++ 2023.1. I switch the toolset in the project properties of vs2022 and added the line:

#include <sycl/sycl.hpp>

to allow some sycl function calls in the future. The I compile and line - without any issue - except that it took much longer than MS v143.

But as soon as i try to debug the console app i got the message:

Daniel_D_0-1681294708968.png

I tries to avoid this by copying the missing file from the intel oneapi folder into my app folder and the next dll was missing. Since I cannot belief that this is the way to go i guess I'm doing something wrong here.

Can someone shed some light on this and let me know how DPC++ is supposed to be used in the VS2022 IDE?

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SeshaP_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Could you please try adding the following paths under the Path variable in Environment Variables and let us know the results?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\2023.1.0\windows\bin

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\intel\Shared Libraries

If the issue persists, please provide the following details so we can investigate this issue from our end.

1. Visual Studio version(sub-version also)

2. Source code and detailed steps you have followed

Thanks and Regards,

Pendyala Sesha Srinivas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Daniel_D
Beginner

Rebooting fixes this problem (sometimes) - very strange. Now I have the problem again. It seems to be fixed after reboot, but after a second report the problem reappeared. 

copied the sycl6d.dll into C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\latest\windows\redist\intel64_win\compiler fixes the problem that the app cannot run. unfortunately it seem not to be the correct solution sine non of the sycl functions returns a useful result.

creating/compiling the DPC++ console sample that s installed into the VS project templates works without any issues. The problem seems to be the converted MSVC solution.

0 Kudos
SeshaP_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Could you please try adding the following paths under the Path variable in Environment Variables and let us know the results?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\2023.1.0\windows\bin

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\intel\Shared Libraries

If the issue persists, please provide the following details so we can investigate this issue from our end.

1. Visual Studio version(sub-version also)

2. Source code and detailed steps you have followed

Thanks and Regards,

Pendyala Sesha Srinivas

0 Kudos
Daniel_D
Beginner

The problem happens if you have a solution that contains some projects. If you set the startup project to a non-DPC++ project - that still uses a DPC++ project (maybe load a shared lib) the sycl6d.dll is not found. Setting the startup project to a project that is build with DPC++ all is fine.

Daniel

0 Kudos
SeshaP_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved and thanks for accepting our solution. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks and Regards,

Pendyala Sesha Srinivas

0 Kudos