Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler
Talk to fellow users of Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler and companion tools like Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and Intel® Distribution for GDB*

Enabling FMAs and disabling vectorisation

MikeSmith1
Beginner

I am trying to obtain a version of the code with FMAs enabled and *all* vectorisations disabled. In essence, something that I would obtain with GCC using -mfma and -fno-tree-vectorize.

(I am using a Windows machine).

I notice that /Qfma (-fma) exists to enable FMAs but it must be used alongside a flag specifying the architecture. But that in turn enables vectorisations. I tried switching them off with /Qvec- (-no-vec) but vectorised assembly instructions still get produced. I also tried using /Qno-simd to switch them off, but I get:

icx: command line warning #10430: Unsupported command line options encountered
These options as listed are not supported.
For more information, use '/Qnextgen-diag'.
option list:
/Qsimd-

What is the way to go here? Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

Could you please provide us with a sample reproducer and steps you have followed so that we can try it from our end?

Also please let us know the compiler version being used along with expected and obtained results.

Thanks & Regards,

Noorjahan.

0 Kudos
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you. Could you please provide an update on your issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Noorjahan.

0 Kudos
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

I have not heard back from you, so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks & Regards,

Noorjahan.

0 Kudos