Migrating to SYCL
One-stop forum for getting assistance migrating your existing code to SYCL

About DPC ++ compatibility tool.

gray_heron
Beginner

I translate Japanese into English and write sentences.

I'm sorry I couldn't write it well.
Regarding the DPC ++ compatibility tool, since the DPC ++ compatibility tool is an application that operates on the command line, we are considering creating an application (Windows application) that supports the dpc command with a user interface. Is it okay to post to the software library site of?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Subarnarek_G_Intel

This issue has been resolved and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please let us know from where you are taking the DPC++ Compatibility Tool?

Is it from Intel oneAPI or do you have your own source code for DPC++ Compatibility Tool?

Can you please elaborate more about your use case, so that it will help us to get more insights?

Thanks & Regards

Noorjahan.

0 Kudos
gray_heron
Beginner

Thank you for your reply.
What I'm looking at right now is that for a Windows application, the application selects parameters and calls the CreateProcess API to launch the DPC process.

I'm translating from Japanese to English, so I'm sorry if the text is strange.

0 Kudos
gray_heron
Beginner

It is an additional note about tooling.
I am considering the following:
-First, the target is Windows.
-Compatible with each file and folder.
-The output contents of the command contents and compatibility results are displayed on the application.
-If there is a library or interface of DPC compatibility tool, I would like to create it using that interface.

If there is a request or demand for making a tool, we will create a tool and consider publishing it. If there is a problem with copyright etc., I would like to get permission.

0 Kudos
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for providing the information.

Intel DPCT tool is not open source and proprietary to intel.

>> we will create a tool and consider publishing it

Could you please do let us know where you want to publish the tool?

Thanks & Regards

Noorjahan.

0 Kudos
gray_heron
Beginner

Hi.

If it is a Japanese site, I am thinking of publishing it on the following site.

https://www.vector.co.jp/vpack/filearea/winnt/hardware/

(This is my page on the site. https://www.vector.co.jp/vpack/browse/person/an062358.html)

If there is a suitable English site, please let me know.

Thanks & Regards.

gray.heron

0 Kudos
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

We are looking into it, we will get back to you soon.

Thanks & Regards

Noorjahan

0 Kudos
Subarnarek_G_Intel

Hi Yamamoto San,

You want to create an interface for the intel DPCT tool using his own source code and wants to publish it in your site. We want to clarify your requirement before we approach the legal team for their approval.

Regards,

Subarna

0 Kudos
gray_heron
Beginner

Hi, Subarna-san.

The image of the parameter setting dialog is as follows.

無題.png

I think that the setting items are the contents at the following URL.
https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/intel-dpcpp-compatibility-tool-user-guide/top/command-line-options-reference.html

[procedure]
1. Select any item on the parameter setting screen (exclusive items are under consideration)

2-1. When starting dcpt directly
After pressing the OK button in the dialog, create a dcpt command line character string from the set contents and start it.
Example) "dcpt --assume-nd-range-dim = 1 --keep-original-code"

For 2-2.dcpt interface
After pressing the OK button in the dialog, set the set contents in the interface and execute

If you have any questions or requests above, please contact me.

Thanks & Regards

0 Kudos
Subarnarek_G_Intel

Hi Yamamoto-san,

You can develop a GUI application on your own, without help from Intel and you can open-source/distribute only the GUI application you developed, but not Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool. Redistribution of the DPCT is not allowed, but you can give instructions on how to download and use it. The compatibility tool is not redistributable under our proprietary license, so you cannot redistribute it. There is no restriction on developing your own software. Any third party software used has to follow the inbound license terms and conditions. 

Regards,

Subarna

0 Kudos
Subarnarek_G_Intel

Hi Yamamoto-san,

You can develop a GUI application on your own, without help from Intel and you can open-source/distribute only the GUI application you developed, but not Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool. Redistribution of the DPCT is not allowed, but you can give instructions on how to download and use it. The compatibility tool is not redistributable under our proprietary license, so you cannot redistribute it. There is no restriction on developing your own software. Any third party software used has to follow the inbound license terms and conditions.

Since you confirmed that you have no plans to distribute DPCT, and on the premise that oneAPI is installed, I will check if oneAPI is installed when starting the application, and if it is installed, I will start DPCT, I think there shouldn't be any issues.

If your query is resolved let me know so that I can close this case.

Regards,

Subarna

0 Kudos
Subarnarek_G_Intel

A Gentle reminder to respond.

0 Kudos
Subarnarek_G_Intel

Closing this ticket since there was no response from the customer.

0 Kudos
Subarnarek_G_Intel

This issue has been resolved and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

0 Kudos
gray_heron
Beginner

Hi.

I created a tool and released it as freeware on a Japanese site.
Attach the window image.

Please contact me if you are interested.

Regards.

output.png

gray_heron_0-1644570018803.png

0 Kudos