Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2159 Discussions

Problems building C application for linux-HPC with mpiicc and Python.h

JPWC
Beginner

Hello Intel community, 

I'm using intel's mpi compiler (mpiicc) to build a custom program on C for linux HPC cluster. Currently, the program compiles well on it's own, but I'm running into problems in the process of embedding python functionality with the intent of deploying a machine learning framework. Specifically, I'm calling Python.h (and associated libraries) from a carefully curated conda environment that contains PyTorch libraries). 

The mpiicc version is:

/cm/shared/apps/intel/compilers_and_libraries/2017.0.098/mpi/intel64

The python version is:

~/.conda/envs/NeTS/bin/python3.9

The build command is: ( the program.c sources Python.h )

mpiicc -DOPEN_MP -qopenmp -Wall -ansi -DMPI -DNO_GFX_MODE -O3 -c program.c -I~/.conda/envs/NeTS/include/python3.9 -L~/.conda/envs/NeTS/lib/python3.9 -no-pie -lpython3.9

And the output of the unsuccessful build is attached in a document to this thread. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AishwaryaCV_Intel

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the Intel communities.

We have noticed that you are currently utilizing an unsupported version of Intel MPI. In order to resolve this issue, we kindly ask that you upgrade to the latest version of Intel MPI and execute your code once again.

To check which versions of Intel MPI are supported, please refer to the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/intel-parallel-studio-xe-supported-and-unsupported-product-versions.html

If the problem persists even after upgrading to the latest Intel MPI 2021.8, please provide us with a sample reproducer code and the specifications of the hardware and operating system that you are currently using.

Thank you and best regards,

Aishwarya

0 Kudos
JPWC
Beginner

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, I'm working on a complex HPC without admin privileges and I'll have to check with admin before installing new Intel software.  

0 Kudos
AishwaryaCV_Intel

Hello,

Sorry, we no longer support this version(2017). Please download the latest version to get further assistance.

So please try to check with admin and upgrade to the latest version.

And if you face any issues with the latest version , please post a new thread, as this thread will no longer be available.

Thanks And Regards,

Aishwarya

0 Kudos