Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Does ssyevr support mkl_progress?

JohanR
Beginner

I set an mkl_progress function using mkl_set_progress and then I called ssyevr with a 10000 x 10000 matrix. The ssyevr call took about 1 minute on my laptop. The mkl_progress function was not called. Is this expected behavior?

This is the first time I attempt to use mkl_progress so I may have made some newbie error. I'm developing an interactive data visualization program and I really need to be able to interrupt eigen-decompositions of large matrices.

My software is written in C++.

/Johan Råde

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Johan Rade,

Thanks for posting on Intel communities.

We regret to inform you that ssyevr doesn't support mkl_progress functionality. You could refer to the developer reference for routines that support the mkl_progress functionality. Please find the link below for your reference.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/onemkl-developer-reference-c/top/support-functions/miscellaneous/mkl-progress.html#mkl-progress

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Johan Rade,

Thanks for posting on Intel communities.

We regret to inform you that ssyevr doesn't support mkl_progress functionality. You could refer to the developer reference for routines that support the mkl_progress functionality. Please find the link below for your reference.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/onemkl-developer-reference-c/top/support-functions/miscellaneous/mkl-progress.html#mkl-progress

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Johan,

A gentle reminder:

We have not heard back from you for a while. Could you please let us know if you need any other information?

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
JohanR
Beginner

Dear Shanmukh,

Your answer was very clear.

Thank you

Johan Råde

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Johan,

Thanks for the confirmation. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos