Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Error Building BLAS Fortran95 Interface

cpage
Beginner

I am trying to build the BLAS Fortran95 interface with the ilp64 option using gfortran. I can successfully build the lp64 interface but when I call the Intel supplied makefile with the ilp64 interface option compilation fails with an error indicating there is no specific subroutine for the generic 'f77_axpby'. See posting below

Note that I am using the makefile provided in $(MKLROOT)/share/mkl/interfaces/blas95. What do I need to do to build the BLAS Fortran95 interface with the ilp64 option?

make libintel64 interface=ilp64 INSTALL_DIR=/home/cap/Documents/code/fortran FC=gfortran
make PLAT=lnx32e build interface=ilp64 MKLROOT=/home/cap/intel/oneapi/mkl/2024.0 INSTALL_DIR=/home/cap/Documents/code/fortran FC=gfortran
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/cap/intel/oneapi/mkl/2024.0/share/mkl/interfaces/blas95'
mkdir -p /home/cap/Documents/code/fortran/lib/intel64/obj_blas95_intel64_ilp64/obj77
gfortran -fPIC -fautomatic -fdefault-integer-8 -J/home/cap/Documents/code/fortran/lib/intel64/obj_blas95_intel64_ilp64/obj77 -c -o /home/cap/Documents/code/fortran/lib/intel64/obj_blas95_intel64_ilp64/obj77/blas_interfaces.obj source/blas_interfaces.f90
make objects
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/cap/intel/oneapi/mkl/2024.0/share/mkl/interfaces/blas95'
gfortran -fPIC -fautomatic -fdefault-integer-8 -J/home/cap/Documents/code/fortran/lib/intel64/obj_blas95_intel64_ilp64/obj77 -c -o /home/cap/Documents/code/fortran/lib/intel64/obj_blas95_intel64_ilp64/caxpby.o source/caxpby.f90
source/caxpby.f90:65:50:

65 | CALL F77_AXPBY(N,O_ALPHA,X,INCX,O_BETA,Y,INCY)
Error: There is no specific subroutine for the generic ‘f77_axpby’ at (1)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SofeaAzrin_A_Intel

There is the wrong path of source or include directory. If you see this message - 'There is no specific subroutine .... ' with compiling, which is almost uses wrong directory path. In this case, you missed to include directory. ( I can't see -I option) . "-I${F95ROOT}/include/mkl/intel64/ilp64 -fdefault-integer-8 -m64 -I"${MKLROOT}/include"" is need

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SofeaAzrin_A_Intel

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your question. We are trying to check the issue at our end by compiling the interface file.

0 Kudos
SofeaAzrin_A_Intel

Hi,

Can you use this link https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/onemkl-link-line-advisor.html#gs.6fcu5r and choose "Fortran API with 64-bit integer" to build the interface?

0 Kudos
SofeaAzrin_A_Intel

There is the wrong path of source or include directory. If you see this message - 'There is no specific subroutine .... ' with compiling, which is almost uses wrong directory path. In this case, you missed to include directory. ( I can't see -I option) . "-I${F95ROOT}/include/mkl/intel64/ilp64 -fdefault-integer-8 -m64 -I"${MKLROOT}/include"" is need

0 Kudos