Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

I am a bit lost

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I have installed all of the 2022 base and hpc. 

I tried to compile an old program that uses MKL and I checked that the box in the project file was ticked mkl parallel

I got an error message could not open mkl_intel_c_dll.lib, which is 32 bit and in 2021.4 mkl.

I could not find a 2022.1 mkl directory in the INTEL directory, nor did a search turn up any dll or mkl other than in the Python directories.  

I downloaded the sample from the MKL documentation and loaded into a clean VS Fortran project.

program dot_main

real x(10), y(10), sdot, res
integer n, incx, incy, i
external sdot
n = 5
incx = 2
incy = 1
do i = 1, 10
  x(i) = 2.0e0
  y(i) = 1.0e0
end do
res = sdot (n, x, incx, y, incy)
print*, "SDOT = ", res
end

Fixed the mistake, and then compiled, this is the fixed code.  

Turned on MKL parallel -- error message could not find sdot. 

Read the manual again, no great help except to suggest mkl.fi and blas.f90 -- 

I am quite lost, obviously it is something simple, I just cannot see it.  

The other program magni has compiled up until oneapi, this is the first time I tried on oneapi.  

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

I was surprised in the same way a few days ago. They have split off the 32-bit parts of MKL into a separate download, instead of a selectable part of a composite installer.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Thank you for the reply.  After I had all the problems, I looked at the installed programs related to Fortran and decided to uninstall everything and trim down the fat.  

I found out -- 

if you just install VS 2022 then vars.bat objects and tells you there are no vs products installed. 

even if you uninstall everything, you have a lot of crap to clean up in the Intel Directory. 

the way to find out if oneapi has an update is in the installer in the installed programs page in Windows, why remove the old installer that sat on your desktop taskbar and kept you informed.   When you consider the Intel driver update is really good, just add it in there.  

Oneapi did not recognize the latest intel UHD driver for the GPU it said I had no graphics card installed.  I had updated it yesterday.  

The joys of looking after computers.   

One bright thing from the week, a KVM switch is really nice to share monitor mouse etc.  

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Yes, it is a known issue and it is mentioned in the oneMKL release notes.

After installing the oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1, compiling applications with Win32 platform settings that require oneAPI Math Kernel Library (oneMKL) will fail. 32-bit oneMKL on Windows* OS are provided separately as part of Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 32-bit package. It can be downloaded here as an add-on.

Link :

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/onemkl-release-notes.html

Please do let us know if you still face any issues.

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
MarcoRoss
Beginner

Hi,

I am having the same issue with the most current version of the MKL 2022.0.2. Yes, the issues is mentioned in the release notes as you pointed out, but if I follow the link I get to a page where lots of components can be downloaded. However, I fail to find a download for the 32-bit oneMKL on Windows add-on. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Marco.

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

Reminder:

As we haven't heard back from you, has the information provided above helped? If yes, could you please confirm whether we can close this thread from our end?

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi John,

We assume that your issue is resolved and we are closing this thread. Please post a new question if you need any additional assistance from Intel as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Have a Great Day!

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos