Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6977 Discussions

IntelMkl.redist linux and osx nuget packages

ImpPhil
New Contributor I

I notice that linux and osx versions of IntelMkl.redist aren't available.  Should they be?

ImpPhil_0-1672226244177.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi ImpPhil,

Thanks for posting your concern on the thread. We are currently checking on your query with our resources. Please wait for 2-3 business days. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
MariaZh
Employee

Hi,
redist is not required for linux and osx packages, it is only windows specific dependency (and just distributes .dll separately).
E.g., for linux it would be enough to download intelmkl.devel.linux-x64.

Hope that helps,
Mariia

0 Kudos
ImpPhil
New Contributor I

I'm not sure that does help.  If a Nuget package takes a dependency on IntelMkl and wants to support linux and osx wouldn't it be sensible to have Intelmkl-redist.linux/.osx  packages?

The reason I ask is because, for example https://github.com/MKL-NET/MKL.NET supplies its own native providers based on your source code

ImpPhil_0-1675613962122.png

and so does https://github.com/mathnet/mathnet-numerics. This leads to unnecessary duplication if I'm using both MKL.NET and mathnet.  If you provided suitable linux and osx packages this duplication may not be necessary.

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Phillip Lee,

This is to kindly inform you that Linux and macOS NuGet packages for MKL have been discontinued.

Regrets for the delay in response.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Phillip Lee,

A gentle reminder:

If the information provided is helpful, please accept this as a solution. It would help other users with similar issues.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos