Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

LAPACK DGGRQF and ill-conditionned matrices

rbulle
Beginner

Hello,

I am solving a constrained polynomial fitting problem in the least squares sense using a generalized RQ decomposition roughly the same way as LAPACK DGGLSE does it.

The problem I'm interested in is the following:

min ||Ax - C||
under the constraint

Bx = D

where C and D are matrices of right-hand sides.

I'm using a home-made C++ DGGLSE that allows to solve the problem above for several RHS from a single RQ decomposition (while DGGLSE only solves it for vectorial C and D). It's just a translation of LAPACK DGGLSE in C++ where I replace some LAPACK subroutines but the essential parts of DGGLSE are preserved.

As expected, I get a pretty ill-conditionned Vandermonde matrix from the minimization problem and when I try to get the general RQ decomposition using LAPACK DGGRQF, I notice that DGGRQF changes the rank of the matrix A. I suspect this is due to the very bad conditionning of the matrix.

Is there a way to specify a custom machine precision to LAPACK in order to avoid such issue ?

Thank you for your help, let me know if I'm not clear enough.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

Thanks for sharing your requirement details. We are looking into your issue . We will get back to you soon with an update.

Regards,

Jilani

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi,

Could you please provide us a sample reproducer , MKL version and OS details, so that we can replicate and investigate more at our end.

Regards,

Jilani

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi,

A gentle reminder:

Could you please provide us a sample reproducer , MKL version and OS details that you are using, so that we can replicate and investigate more at our end.

Regards,

Jilani

0 Kudos
rbulle
Beginner

Hi,

sorry for the late reply. We are investigating the issue on our end in order to make sure we provide a sample reproducer spotting the issue correctly.

Regards,

Raphaël

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi,

A gentle reminder:

Could you please provide us a sample reproducer , MKL version and OS details, so that we can replicate and investigate more at our end.

Regards,

Jilani

0 Kudos
JilaniS_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. Could you please provide us with an update?

Regards,

Jilani

0 Kudos