Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

MKL Integrate Special Functions in C#

Gianluca_G_1
Beginner

Hello I'm a C# programer,

in past versions of mkl, I found special functions in libmmd.dll.

I could use for example J0 (Bessel function), in my code with this sintax:

[DllImport("libmmd.dll", ExactSpelling = true, SetLastError = false, CallingConvention = CallingConvention.Cdecl)]
internal static extern double j0(double x);

Where are now located these functions?

thank you very much

Gianluca

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

libmmd.dll is the part of intel compiler, please check  ..Intel2020\compilers_and_libraries\windows\redist\intel64\compiler\  folder

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

mkl themself contains DataFitting routines which provide approximation by Bessel cubic spline. 

0 Kudos
Gianluca_G_1
Beginner

Dear Gennady,

thank you for your fast answer, but in that folder (..\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2020\windows\redist\intel64\compiler) I can see only:

libiomp5md.dll

libiompstubs5md.dll

Obviously I searched all the directories before posting the request here.

Gian

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Gian, that's strange. What I see with the latest compiler 2020 installed on my win10 system:

C:\..._libraries\windows\redist\intel64\compiler>ls
1033           libicaf.dll       libiomp5md.dll       libmmdd.dll
1041           libifcoremd.dll   libiomp5md.pdb       libmmdd.pdb
cilkrts20.dll  libifcoremdd.dll  libiompstubs5md.dll  svml_dispmd.dll
cilkrts20.pdb  libifcorert.dll   libirngmd.dll        svml_dispmd.pdb
ifdlg100.dll   libifcorertd.dll  libmmd.dll           ww_icl_redist_intel64_2020.0.166.msm
libchkp.dll    libifportmd.dll   libmmd.pdb           ww_ifort_redist_intel64_2020.0.166.msm

0 Kudos
Gianluca_G_1
Beginner

I'm sorry, but only that files are present!

I installed this just today: w_mkl_2020.0.166.exe

Maybe are installed somewhere else.

I have Windows10 OS and VS 2019 Pro.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

If you do not have the Intel C compiler installed, you may need to link against the MS UCRT library to pull in the j0 and other Bessel functions. For example, when I compile C code containing invocations of j0() using MSVC, the link map shows:

0002:000000b0       __imp_j0                   00000001400020b0     ucrt:api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0.dll

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Gian, this installer (w_mkl_2020.0.166.exe) contains only mkl libs, dlls, and etc. libmmd is the part of the intel compiler. Therefore you need to install the new compiler or use already available on your system another version of Intel compiler.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

It is possible that some of the missing DLLs can be obtained by installing the Intel C++ redistributables package instead of the Intel C++ compiler. See https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-compilers-redistributable-libraries-by-version for more details.

0 Kudos
Gianluca_G_1
Beginner

OK thank you, I will check it.

0 Kudos