Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6981 Discussions

Pardiso_handle_store issue with Schur complement computation

Niels_G
Beginner

Hello,

I am using Pardiso  (a version from 2020) to solve a symmetric positive definite sparse linear system and I need to compute and export the Schur complement in CSR format from the factorization. Pardiso phases are called from a fortran (77) code. The following parameters iparm(24) = 1, iparm(36)=-2 are set. I also need in my code to store the complete structure of the factorization in a file. I have already used pardiso_handle_store in the passed for another case with a classical factorization method (no schur complement computed) and it worked fine.

But in this case, pardiso_handle_store is crashing with parameters 24 and 36 set to 1 and -2(even with 1, 2 and -1). If iparm(24) is set to 0 and iparm(36) to -2 handle_store works but I can't get the schur complement. So my question is simple : is it possible to use iparm(36) = -2, iparm(24)=1, export the Schur complement in a CSR format and use pardiso_handle_store?

Thank you,

Niels

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

Could you please let us know the OS details and hardware you are using?

Also, could you please provide us with the complete sample reproducer code(any other dependent/input files) you are using to investigate more on your issue?

>> pardiso_handle_store is crashing 

Could you please let us know what kind of error you are facing? Also, you can give a try with the latest oneMKL 2023.1 which is available for download. You can get that by downloading oneAPI Base Toolkit (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/base-toolkit-download.html) and let us know if it still crashes with the latest version.

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. Could you please provide us with details and an update on your issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

Since you had raised another query https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-oneAPI-Math-Kernel-Library/Wrong-solution-at-phase-333-with-schur-complement-option/m-p/1491897, we will no longer monitor this thread here. We will continue addressing this issue in the other thread.

Have a Good Day!

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos