Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

VML Bessel functions

Dr_PaiN
Beginner

In latest release notes (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/onemkl-release-notes.html) I see that some Bessel functions were added to GPU VML.

Are the same functions were added to CPU VML also? I have downloaded-installed l_onemkl_p_2024.0.0.49673_offline.sh and can`t find any mention of Bessel in headers (mkl/latest/include).

It is also interesting, that I0/I1 are not listed in libm headers (l_dpcpp-cpp-compiler_p_2024.0.2.29_offline.sh). Are these functions GPU VML exclusive?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gennady_F_Intel

Andrey,

Yes, these Bessel functions has been firstly introduced for GPU VML only ( see version 2024.0 - the current version).

The CPU part, C interfaces - please check the newest 2024u1 version of MKL which we are planning to release within one week.

wrt Fortran API - very probably, these API would be availably later ( approximately in 2024u2 ).

Regard to libm - working in a progress but there are no deadlines on this matter.

--Gennady

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Andrey,

Yes, these Bessel functions has been firstly introduced for GPU VML only ( see version 2024.0 - the current version).

The CPU part, C interfaces - please check the newest 2024u1 version of MKL which we are planning to release within one week.

wrt Fortran API - very probably, these API would be availably later ( approximately in 2024u2 ).

Regard to libm - working in a progress but there are no deadlines on this matter.

--Gennady

0 Kudos
Dr_PaiN
Beginner

Do Intel plan to introduce k0/k1 functions also?

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

We couldn't share such info here. You could submit the request via Intel Online Service Center and continue this discussion via a private channel.

0 Kudos