Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6956 Discussions

What threading model is used when statically linking libmkl_all.a ?

e4lam
Beginner

What threading model is used when statically linking libmkl_all.a ? In particular, I'm interested in using MKL 2020 with TBB 2020.

Thanks!

PS. On Linux that is with gcc 9.3.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please let us know from which version of MKL you are getting the libmkl_all.a library and the MKL functions are you working with (you can provide us a sample reproducer if you get any issues)?

Also, you can take help from the Link Line Advisor tool to see which libraries are recommended for your particular use case and you can choose the required threading layer as well.

Link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/onemkl-link-line-advisor.html?wapkw=link%20line%20advisor#gs.zfkqz5

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
e4lam
Beginner
As noted, from MKL 2020. However, we had previously used it from MKL 2018 as well. I did try the Link Line Advisor, but none of the options I tried could get it to show libmkl_all.a.
0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know the MKL version is being used.

We would like to understand what is the issue that you are facing. So could you please provide us with the details of your issue along with the sample reproducer so that we can check it on our end?

Regarding the libmkl_all.a library, could you please let us know the location of the file in the MKL directory (i could not see it in my installed directory)?

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
e4lam
Beginner

Ah sorry, my fault. There's no such library, it's a generated library within our build system so that the entire group of static libraries can be used without needing to use --start-group/--end-group linker options on Linux.

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Edward,

Thanks for the confirmation.

If there are no other issues, Could you please confirm if we can close this thread from our end?

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
e4lam
Beginner

Yes

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Edward,

Thanks for getting back to us.

As the issue is resolved we are closing this thread. Please post a new question if you need any additional information from Intel as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos