Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6998 Discussions

mkl_pardiso.h is missing some uppercase/alias function declarations

DenizBahadir
New Contributor I

I am looking through the latest MKL 2023.0.0 release and am finding multiple problems with `mkl_pardiso.h`.

Besides the ones I already wrote bug reports for and which are still unfixed ([1][2], [3]), I also noticed that for almost all functions exist two versions, one with a lowercase name and one with an all uppercase name.

Only for functions `pardiso_getdiag` and `pardiso_export` is no uppercase version declared.

Interestingly, function `mkl_pardiso_pivot` is declared as an lowercase and an uppercase version as well as such versions with an additional trailing underscore.

Shouldn't all versions be declared with all these four combinations?

I thought I read something like that, that all Fortran functions should be available from C with four different names (uppercase, lowercase, uppercase with trailing underscore, lowercase with trailing underscore)?

And indeed, all these PARDISO functions can be found in the compiled libraries with all these four names (all being aliases for the common "real" implementation). They are only missing the proper declarations in `mkl_pardiso.h`.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Deniz,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We are working on your issue. we will get back to you soon.

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Deniz,

Thank you for your patience.

The issue raised by you has been fixed in version oneMKL 2023.1 which will be released in the coming months. If the issue still persists with the new release, then you can start a new discussion for the community to investigate.

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos