oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

TBB licensing

WCost1
Beginner

Hi,

I have the oneAPI Base Toolkit  (2021.2.0) installed with VS 2019.  I'm under the impression this is free to use and to commercially distribute executeables and their dependencies built with it.  Is that correct? 

I'm also trying to use plain old TBB, which is part of that oneAPI Base Toolkit distribution.  Is that also free in the same manner?

Is there a utility to show the status of licenes for oneAPI Intel dev tools?  I recall System Studio came with the Intel Software Manager.

Will

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ArpanB_Intel

Hi William, all Intel® oneAPI Toolkits products are available at no cost. The usage of the products should be in accordance of the terms of use are based on the End User License Agreement. To know more about End User License Agreement(EULA), visit here> https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/end-user-license-agreement.html

Similarly, Intel® Thread Building Blocks(oneTBB) which is part of Intel® oneAPI, is also provided free of cost but under the Intel® Simplified Software License (Version August 2021) terms of usage. To know more on this, visit the above EULA link.

The Intel® oneAPI Toolkits do not require license files during installation as the new installers do not have an activation stage like the legacy installers used to. One of the main purposes of Intel® Software Manager was to manage your existing subscriptions and activate serial numbers. Since that step has been removed from the new installers, we do not provide the Intel® Software Manager with Intel® oneAPI Toolkits.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi William, all Intel® oneAPI Toolkits products are available at no cost. The usage of the products should be in accordance of the terms of use are based on the End User License Agreement. To know more about End User License Agreement(EULA), visit here> https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/end-user-license-agreement.html

Similarly, Intel® Thread Building Blocks(oneTBB) which is part of Intel® oneAPI, is also provided free of cost but under the Intel® Simplified Software License (Version August 2021) terms of usage. To know more on this, visit the above EULA link.

The Intel® oneAPI Toolkits do not require license files during installation as the new installers do not have an activation stage like the legacy installers used to. One of the main purposes of Intel® Software Manager was to manage your existing subscriptions and activate serial numbers. Since that step has been removed from the new installers, we do not provide the Intel® Software Manager with Intel® oneAPI Toolkits.

ArpanB_Intel

William, thank you for accepting our solution. If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos