Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

Binding a wildcard cert to vpro homepage.

Comfy
Beginner

Hi,

As above, im in the early stages of getting my server up and running. Server is all installed and running but navigating to the site i get the usual ssl error and wondering the above...how to bind a cert to the site.

I did initially buy a single cert for the server (the ema instance) but also have a wildcard available also.

Ive imported both the standalone cert and, the wildcard into the cert store on the server but if i go into the iis config page and try to bind it to the website its not available to use.

Could anyone help please?

Thanks to anyone that takes a swing at it..!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello Comfy,

Thank you for joining the Intel community

Could you tell which software are you referring exactly? Did you install Intel EMA https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19449/intel-endpoint-management-assistant-intel-ema.html

If yes then the purpose to add a provisioning certificate to the EMA server, is to provision the endpoints in Admin Control Mode and avoid the user consent request every time you need to manage them.

You want to take a look at this video series https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056028/software/manageability-products.html 

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Comfy
Beginner

Hi - this is on the ema server, im using 1.9 the cert error is where i log into the ema webpage.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Comfy,

Could you please attach a screenshot of the error please?

Chances are you are attempting to log in as a Global admin on the Tenant admin page

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Comfy,

I am just following up to double-check if you were able to gather the requested information. Otherwise, let us know if you require more time to accomplish this. I will try to reach you back on next Monday 23rd. After that, this thread will be automatically archived. 

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Comfy,

We will proceed to mark this thread as closed. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and submit a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos