Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2837 Discussions

EndpointStopManagingMultple.html help

Ben24
Beginner

Hello,

I have been struggling to get the EndpointStopManagingMultple.html script to work. We have about 500 duplicate devices that I will need to get the MEBx for and work on cleaning up duplicates.  Is there another way to get a listing of the duplicate devices and/or the MEBx for the duplicates? 

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MIGUEL_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Ben24,

The duplicate information is kept in the EMA database.  EMA instance creates an ID number for each endpoint associated with the OS.  Whenever a reimage is created, a new ID is assigned to the same endpoint-OS.  This is the reason unprovision and stop managing a machine before reimaging is necessary. Could you send a summary of what you want to accomplish in MEBx?

I am sending useful articles, hopefully, they will help you.

Handling Duplicate Endpoints in Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant (Intel® EMA)

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000095186/technologies/intel-active-management-technology-intel-amt.html

Why are Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant (Intel® EMA) Endpoints Showing Duplicated After Re-imaging?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000087537/technologies/intel-active-management-technology-intel-amt.html

Regards,

Miguel C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Ben24
Beginner

Hello,

I appreciate your response. Regrettably, the deprovisioning process hasn’t been set up yet, but I’m currently working on it. I believe this will help in avoiding the creation of duplicate endpoints. My immediate objective is to eliminate these duplicates. I have a question about running the script found at the Why are Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant (Intel® EMA)... Does it result in any data loss or does it merge the records? Specifically, if the script is executed and it removes the duplicate that contains the MEBx password, will this password be erased from the Intel EMA database?

0 Kudos
MIGUEL_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Ben24,

Yes, the database script will erase all the information related to the duplicate endpoint-OS ID including the MEBx password. The script does not merge the ID numbers created for the same endpoint machine.

Regards,

Miguel C.

0 Kudos
Ben24
Beginner

Understood. If the script is executed, it eliminates duplicate entries and there’s a possibility that the MEBx password for the endpoint might be lost. If an endpoint loses its MEBx password due to this, would it require reprovisioning? Or is there a method to retrieve the lost MEBx password that was deleted by the script?

0 Kudos
MIGUEL_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Ben24,

When we provision an endpoint by installing the EMA agent file (first EMA instance) or accessing manually the MEBx BIOS, we will update the password from default (admin) to our password.  This information will remain until you change it manually in the MEBx BIOS; in some endpoints, the system manufacturers offer an option to reset the AMT configuration including the password from the standard BIOS.

Unprovisioning the endpoint from the EMA web console will not delete or erase the password that you created originally.

Erasing duplicate endpoint IDs from the database does not erase the MEBx password.

If you tried provisioning an already provisioned endpoint, the MEBx password will not be updated.  The new EMA instance recognizes the endpoint but, there is no remote access to the machine.

It is very important to keep secure the MEBx password.

Regards,

Miguel C.

0 Kudos
MIGUEL_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Ben24,

If further assistance is necessary do not hesitate to reply, I will gladly assist you.

Regards,
Miguel C.

0 Kudos