Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2844 Discussions

Hardware Manageability Tab issues - Intel EMA

RickyB
Beginner

Hello Intel,

I am having some trouble getting the Hardware Manageability Tab to function properly within Intel Endpoint Management Assistant (Intel® EMA). Currently, I can access and utilize all other features within Intel EMA, except for this component. 

Whenever I attempt to access this tab, it displays "Loading" but nothing happens. It will sit on this screen indefinitely without going to the Hardware Manageability interface.

I'm not sure what I am missing to get the Hardware Manageability feature to work properly. I have my SQL Server set up properly, installed Intel EMA components onto the target PC, provisioned the endpoint from Intel EMA (vs MEBx on the endpoint itself). Not sure what else I am missing.

Attached are the results from running the EMA Config Tool. Everything looks to be in order with my set up.

Would anyone be able to assist with this issue?

Thank you in advanced.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello RickyB,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To check this further we will require the information below:

What EMA version is currently being used?

Is this a multi-server or a single server installation?

Is the EMA server installed in a physical server or in a virtual machine?

How many endpoints do you have in your deployment and how many of them are presenting this issue?

Are all endpoints in your deployment in client control mode?

Are all endpoints in the same network as the EMA server?

The screenshots you took are from one problematic endpoint, did you by any chance re-provisioned this endpoint after it had been already provisioned by a different EMA instance?

Are your endpoints connected via wireless or wired?

The following logs will be required:

EMA logs from Server:

[System drive]\Program File(x86)\Intel\Platform Manager\EmaLogs

Best regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
RickyB
Beginner

Hello Victor,

I may have discovered the cause of why I am experiencing difficulty with accessing the Hardware Manageability feature. I found the cause to be the hardware I was conducting testing on, having an Intel® Core™ i5-8500T Processor @ 2.10GHz - 2.11GHz. After further investigation, I found that this CPU is not Intel AMT compatible, and only is compatible with VPro technology. This explains why I was able to access all other features within Intel EMA, except for the Hardware Manageability tab (which requires iAMT). 

If this is not correct and the Core™ i5-8500T @ 2.10GHz - 2.11GHz CPU is in fact iAMT compatible, please let me know. From what I've found so far, it does not appear to be iAMT compatible.

Thank you,

-Ricky B.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello RickyB,

Thank you for your response.

The processor is indeed part of the Intel vPro® Platform; however, please bear in mind that Intel® AMT is a technology embedded not only in your processor, but in Intel network adapters and on motherboard’s chipsets as well, maybe the motherboard that you have this processor installed on is not an AMT capable board.

Best regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
RickyB
Beginner

I have a feeling you are right about the motherboard I am currently using for testing, also not being an AMT capable board. Is there a way to determine if a motherboard, and it's built in Intel network adapters, are compatible with iAMT? I'm working on a hardware development project, and am curious if there is an easy way to determine this compatibility.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello RickyB,

In order to know if a Motherboard is vPro capable you will need to use its chipset model to search in our website, you can find the link below.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark.html

Once you have located your chipset model you can scroll down to the section named “Security & Reliability” and there you can check for the chipset’s vPro eligibility status.

Regarding the network (wireless/wired) adapter you can use the same website above and check for the adapter’s model, once you have found it, you can scroll down to a section named “Advanced Technologies” and look for the status of the adapter under the “Supported Under Intel vPro® Technology” field.

Ultimately, you have to take into consideration that even if the motherboard and the network adapter are vPro capable, that doesn’t mean that the manufacturer who integrated them together is going to enable those features; therefore, even if you are sure both are part of the Intel vPro® Platform a consult with the manufacturer who did the integration should be done to avoid any possible inconveniences.

Best regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

In the past (600 Series chipset and earlier), it was quite simple, you look for boards with a 'Q' chipset. That is, you look for boards with (processor matching) Q670, Q570, Q470, etc. chipset.

For the 700 Series, they have not released a 'Q' chipset. I have no idea whether this situation is an 'as yet' or a 'not to be'. Suffice it to say, the only choice today for 12th-, 13th- and 14th-gen processors is to use a motherboard with Q670 chipset.

...S

0 Kudos
RickyB
Beginner

Thanks Victor & Scott,

I'm verifying with the manufacture now, to ensure our upcoming product does contain the compatible motherboard Intel chipset and network adaptor versions.

I'd like to keep this thread open, if possible, incase I run into any other issues along the way.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello RickyB,

We are glad to know that the information provided by both us and the community has been helpful. Since the thread can be considered solved at the moment, we will no longer monitor it; however, you can keep the thread open if you like for more people to be take advantage of the information provided; however, if you need anything else in the future we would suggest you create a new thread using this one as a reference and we will gladly help you further.

Best regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos