Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

List of Device ID:s for all Intel Management Engine Devices

JF3
Beginner

Hi

I'd like to block drivers for Intel Management Engines.

Is there a list of device ID:s for all Intel Management Engines?

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_?????

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MichaelA_Intel

halmstad76

Hi, I understand that you are wanting to block drivers and get a list for the device ID's for IME. Can you please provide more detail? The reason for more detail is that there is interaction with Microsoft OS and our drivers where they could be enabled. Clarification to your question will help us to better understand what you are needing.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
JF3
Beginner

Hi Michael

Thanks for your reply.

I'd like to block installation of the driver in order to prevent access to Intel Management Engine through Windows.

My idea is that without the driver the unprivileged access issue in INTEL-SA-00075 would be mitigated.

Since an unprivileged user can't enable the driver it can't configure the vulnerable Management Engine chip.

Regards

Johan

0 Kudos
MichaelA_Intel

Hi Johan,

I understand. I have to send this query to one of our developers and may take some time to get back to you.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
MichaelA_Intel

halmstad76

Hi Johan,

As you know, I've sent this up to my developers and the guidance and their recommendation is to mitigate the vulnerability you must update to the version of firmware that fixes the issue. I apologize that I was not able to get what you were specifically asking for.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
JF3
Beginner

Well, I didn't ask for guidance, I just asked for a list of the device ID:s.

Anyone else on the forum that doesn't have their hands tied?

//Johan

0 Kudos