Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2849 Discussions

swarm server Additional Server Installation failed (Error fixing legacy encrypted values)

AGUNS
Novice

Hello,

i already have an initial installation in "distributed server" with all components installed (ajax,swarm,manageability...)
The goal is to have the swarm server on another server in a dmz.
I want to have only swarm on another server.
So I do "Additional Server Installation" as written in the doc.
I generate the .csr on the new server, transfer it to the initial server, generate the server setting certificate.
I continue the installation without any problems and during the installation the following error occurs: [captureError.png].

Thank you for your reactivation

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AGUNS
Novice

edit,

Changing the server language to English solved the error, now another error occurs:
"Some or All Identity References Could Not Be Translated"

after click on messagebox another error are display

Thank for your help.

0 Kudos
MIGUEL_C_Intel

Hello, Aguns,

It is possible to run the Swarm server in a separate DMZ server.  The installation options are the following:

1) Install all the EMA components in a single server, then install the Swarm server on the second server.

2) While doing the first server installation, point the Swarm server to the second server.

3) Perform a recovery into the second server.

Note:

Use the global administrator user.

Add the second Server IP address (Swarm Server) to the appropriate Global EMA settings in server 1.

Intel® EMA supports Windows Server 2019 and 2022 English versions only. 

The database needs to be SQL Enterprise version 2017 or higher. The Express version with advanced features is an option for testing purposes.  

For reference review the sections: 1.2 Supported Operating Systems and 1.3.3 Database

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/intel-ema-server-installation-and-maintenance-guide.pdf#page=8 

5.2 Distributed Server Installation Troubleshooting https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/intel-ema-server-installation-and-maintenance-guide.pdf#page=74

If further assistance is necessary, please give me more details of the configuration.

Send the OS version of servers 1 and 2.

SQL version and location.

EMA server logs located at System drive\Program File(x86)\Intel\Platform Manager\EmaLogs

Please send me the files without the date called:

EMAlog-Webserver.txt, EMAlog-Swarmserver.txt, and EMAlog-Manageabilityserver.txt

Regards,

Miguel C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MIGUEL_C_Intel

Hello, Aguns,

I hope you are doing well.

By any chance, have you been able to troubleshoot your EMA configuration?  I will gladly provide further assistance.

Regards,

Miguel C.

0 Kudos
MIGUEL_C_Intel

Hello, Aguns,

If further assistance is necessary, do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

Miguel C.

0 Kudos