Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2846 Discussions

vPro Essentials vs vPro Enterprise

apm027
Beginner

Hello,

I am currently exploring vPro Essentials vs vPro Enterprise options, especially in regards to the AMT and RMM capabilities.

As far as I understood, vPro Essentials does not have AMT and therefore no hardware manageability options on EMA. However, this article Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant (Intel® EMA) Issues...  brings up the fact that vPro Essentials will have CIRA connectivity with ME 16+. Would that mean that the new vPro Essentials devices will AMT? Or what is the case here?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidBenedict
Employee

Hello apm027,

Both vPro options have Intel® AMT technology (Intel® AMT is a feature of Intel® vPro platform). 

Intel EMA has the availability to show the hardware manageability for both vPro options.

Intel EMA has two provision methods: CIRA and TLS relay. Intel EMA is supported on endpoints running management engine (ME) 11.8.79 or higher.

The main difference, vPro Essentials does not have an out-of-band (OOB) connection and remote access is available on wired connections only.

for reference Differences between Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT) and Intel® Standard Manageability https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000090499/technologies/intel-active-management-technology-intel-amt.html

section 1.2.6 In-band vs. Out-of-band- CIRA

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/intel-ema-admin-and-usage-guide.pdf#page=11

I will gladly provide further assistance if necessary.

Warm regards,

David Benedict

Intel Customer Support.

0 Kudos
MIGUEL_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, apm027,

If further assistance is necessary, do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

Miguel C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello Apm027,

Greetings!

We will gladly provide further assistance if necessary.

Regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos