According to Release notes Intel Media SDK supports HEVC encoding/decoding 64/32 bit.
After I downloaded a free Intel Media SDK version I found out that unfortunately there are no HEVC plugins downloaded as I saw in case
of Intel Media Server Studio SDK (for example mfxplugin64_hevcd_sw.dll)..
May be there is some paid version of Intel Media SDK that does include HEVC plugins or I did somthing wrong?
Thanks in advance,
There are 3 different routes to HEVC.
- Full HW implementation in the driver for 6th Generation Core/Skylake. These plugins are distributed with the driver install. More info here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-media-sdk/topic/593838
- A software implementation, distributed as a plugin with the Professional version of Media Server Studio
- A hybrid GPU accelerated version (covering a wider range of hardware than option #1) also distributed as a plugin with the professional version of Media Server Studio
Since it looks like you're after option #1, try the instructions in the link provided. If that does not work the first things to try are
- Check your machine -- the full hardware implementation is only available for 6th Generation Core architecture processors with HD/Iris/Iris Pro graphics.
- If your HW is the right generation and you can see an Intel graphics adapter in device manager, try updating your graphics driver to the latest version (15.40.x.x) from http://downloadcenter.intel.com.
Hope this helps,