I have used the sample_videoconf sample of the media SDK 2013 to integrate h264 compression into a video acquisition software.
It works well but on some occasions there is a random initialization problem.
The setup is the following :
- 4 video streams coming from digital cameras (1024x1024 @ 50 fps)
- encoder set to level 4 (balanced)
- 5 min of video stream encoded each hours
Sometimes the system will run without problem for more than 40 hours, sometimes it will run only 10 hours or less.
The issue seems related to the initialization of the video pipeline.
I added logs to retrieve more informations, but meanwhile has someone encontered similar problems with sample_videoconf ?
It would be great if you can add more detail-
- Please include the details of your system. you can use Media SDK system analyzer to find that, details can be found here - https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/details-necessary-for-filing-forum-questions
- We would need Media SDK tracer also to reproduce the problem at our end, again details can be found here - https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/details-necessary-for-filing-forum-questions
- What kind of error/problem you encounter after 10 hours of run.
- Also please include a reproducer code which can help us to replicate and debug the problem.
Few things you might wanna consider-
- Please upgrade to the latest driver for you system if you haven't already. Latest drivers can be downloaded from here - https://downloadcenter.intel.com. With every driver release, lot of fixes get included.
- We have release Media Server Studio 2015 R3 Release which has many fixes to our products.