In the release notes I find this list:
Intel® Celeron®and Pentuim® processorscodenamed "Apollo Lake I"
Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 v4 Family with C226 chipset
Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 and E3-1500 v5 Family with C236 chipset
5th Generation Intel® Core™
6th Generation Intel® Core™
7th Generation Intel® Core™
8th Generation Intel® Core™
9th Generation Intel® Core™
10th Generation Intel® Core™
I've got some questions about:
- The only Xeon (enterprise server processor) are the one listed and so the latest Intel Xeon E3 v6 are not supported ?
- For instance the Xeon E3-1585 v5 comes with a Iris Pro P580. I guess is the Iris Pro that does the hardware processing. There will be further products like the Iris Pro in the future ? Are they going to come with a new Xeon ?
- Can you indicate the End of Sales of the E3-1585 v5 and E3-1585L v5 processors ?
- The release notes states that a lot of gen of core processors are supported. Do they need to have a grafic processor like the HD 4600 to accellerate encoding ? I mean 9th gen Core i3-9300T will work as well as Core i3-9100F of the same gen ? the latter is missing the UHD 630.
I'm sorry of bothering with so much question that implies some times to answer, but we are starting a whole transcoding farm based on E3-1585 v5 and we want to be sure that the hardware is not end of sales or the will be Enterprise alternatives in the future.
- Development Tools
- Intel® Media SDK
- Intel® Media Server Studio
- Media Processing
We should support E3v5 and E3v6.
Could you check following link to see if it helps?
Let me know if there is still items not covered.