Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Cut few segments

Dmitrii_B_
Beginner

I need to cut a few segments from a video file and save each one an individual file.
The code below glues all the segments and stores them in a single file.

mediaComposer.addSourceFile(...);
mediaComposer.setTargetFile(...);
//...
final MediaFile mediaFile = mediaComposer.getSourceFiles().get(0);
mediaFile.addSegment(segment());
mediaComposer.start();

Reusing MediaComposer causes an error.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Dmitrii,

It seems like you're using Media pack for mobile, but this forum is dedicated to Media SDK and Media Server Studio.

Media for mobile became open source, so you can ask your questions here: https://github.com/INDExOS/media-for-mobile ;

Best wishes,

Anna

0 Kudos
BessieYi
Beginner

Em... Media pack is actually much difficult for me to operate independently. Need a guide to follow. Now I have prepared some alternatives on my computer, which are Joyoshare Media Cutter and Bandicut to cut videos to small segments losslessly.

0 Kudos