Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

UYVY to NV12 using VPP returns MFX_ERR_INVALID_VIDEO_PARAM

Mark_S_1
Beginner

I am trying to use the VPP component to just do a color space conversion from UYVY to NV12, no de-interlacing or scaling, or other filters.  When I use the exact same input parameters with MFX_FOURCC_YUY2 everything works.  When I change mfxVideoParam.vpp.In.FourCC to MFX_FOURCC_UYVY, MFXVideoVPP::QueryIOSurf returns MFX_ERR_INVALID_VIDEO_PARAM.  I am using API level 1.25.

Are there any additional restrictions on converting from UYVY to NV12 that I am missing and may be causing this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Mark,

Are you running on Windows?

From the following line, MFX_FOURCC_UYVY is only supported in Linux:

https://github.com/Intel-Media-SDK/MediaSDK/blob/6941f032b754f7ee85fae36bbca5efe9669b9fcf/_studio/mfx_lib/vpp/src/mfx_vpp_utils.cpp#L1337

Mark Liu

0 Kudos
Mark_S_1
Beginner

I am using windows, that explains the issue.  Any chance of getting UYVY support in the windows SDK?  The color conversion from UYVY to YUV2 is pretty simple, but CPU intensive and so it would be much more efficient to be able to just send UYVY to the Intel Media SDK.

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Mark,

I could ask for the change, could you specify the reason in the application why you want to add UYVY to YUV2 HW accelerated conversion? Is it critical to your project?

Mark Liu

0 Kudos
Vladimir_D
Beginner

Hello Intel,

I am also has the same issue. Do you plan to add UYVY support to Windows VPP? We use SDI video card for video capturing and need to convert each frame from UYVY to YUY2 to use VPP scaler

Regards,

Vladimir 

0 Kudos