Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Audio tutorial

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm a beginner at using a altera de2 board and currently i'm working on the Audio Core.  

I read that i needed to use a external clock for the audio and that I have to use the Wolfson WM8731 datasheet for the Audio Data Sampling Rates. 

My problem is that i don't know how to implant this when i'm making a external clock. 

Does somebody now where I can find a tuturial about this or can you help me to solve this problem. 

P.S. I'm using a Cyclone II de2 board. 

Cheers, 

Sam
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Sam, 

You need to Search LPM Counter Datasheet for an external clock and also you need Quartus to talk to DE2 Board Pins, 

for that you need to download pin assignment file either from their website or the CD Rom that you have been supplied with the board. 

I am only a student myself and new to this but I thought It might help to dig further. 

Regards, 

ABlackBox 

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello, 

I'm a beginner at using a altera de2 board and currently i'm working on the Audio Core.  

I read that i needed to use a external clock for the audio and that I have to use the Wolfson WM8731 datasheet for the Audio Data Sampling Rates. 

My problem is that i don't know how to implant this when i'm making a external clock. 

Does somebody now where I can find a tuturial about this or can you help me to solve this problem. 

P.S. I'm using a Cyclone II de2 board. 

Cheers, 

Sam 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos