Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12596 Discussions

Communication stop's (ping) after Running DS-5 Debug

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Friends, 

I am learning "write a c/c++ application for altera cyclone v soc dev kit using arm ds-5 ae

and following youtube article https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyezox1ywmm 

problem/issue: 

1. initially my soc kit board communicate (ping ) with my windows machine (prior to eclipse launch through altera embedded command shell). 

2.As soon as i run Eclipse and run 'Connect to target' ", it tried and after some time it says "connection failed"

This happen every time a launch my Application through eclipse. 

any clue in this regards will be highly appreciated. 

Regards
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

what is the version of soceds you are using now? windows or Linux?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am Using Windows version of SoCEDS

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I am Using Windows version of SoCEDS 

--- Quote End ---  

is SSH works on linux plateform only...? if yes 

Then how do i connect/ or transfer compiled files to SoCKit Board using DS-5 ...?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

brother... can you verify all the jumpers on your board first???? usually you may see some suprose fomr there..

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

brother... can you verify all the jumpers on your board first???? usually you may see some suprose fomr there.. 

--- Quote End ---  

* attched is the print screen of errors 

Every thing seems ok, until i reach to run Debugger. prior to that i am able to ping my SoCKit from Windows machine and also able to see the OS status on PuTTY. 

as soon as i run the Debugger, windows machine lose its Ethernet connectivity i mean Ping stop and no further connectivity. (I have repetitively seen this issue). 

i have choose SSH Connection in remote system configuration. 

i am not sure is it SSH related problem or is it arm license related issue (as my compilation goes well, i remove the micro-sd card from board and copy the compiled executable file to microsd card and then run the code --it work). 

I have't change any jumper setting , or it need some unique jumper setting . 

below is the board i am using 

http://rocketboards.org/foswiki/view/Documentation/ArrowSoCKitEvaluationBoard 

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

when you say you suspect arm license type potentially causing this, maybe you tried with another application maybe hello world if it works fine before? 

what license type that you are using?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

when you say you suspect arm license type potentially causing this, maybe you tried with another application maybe hello world if it works fine before? 

what license type that you are using? 

--- Quote End ---  

i am triying on hello world only. 

i am using one month evaulation license....
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I notice you are using the remote system debug? Are you booting the system under prebuilt SD card, qspi or FGPA?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yes , using prebuilt SD card.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

another thing is could you try this sequence. launch ecipse from shell and connect target first, after that only open up the putty to see the status?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

another thing is could you try this sequence. launch ecipse from shell and connect target first, after that only open up the putty to see the status? 

--- Quote End ---  

i am following the same sequence as you mentioned. like 

1. Open the embedded Shell 

2. Run "Eclipse" from there 

3. Trying to Connect the Project (Don't no Without Project can we connect the board or not , but i am going to try it also) 

regards 

kaushal
0 Kudos